Mac Iridescent Pressed Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I applied this, I thought it was only like a normal pressed powder at first but what made it different was that it wasn’t really that dusty and it stuck well on my skin as I used this first

• by esme

I use pressed powders lightly daily and I don’t ever go out without any light powder on my face, I try to keep it as light and thin as possible as I don’t want a thick and cakey appearance that looks obvious and madeup, and this pressed powder is just right for my face. It is priced at $22 at 8 grams (. 28 ounces) and it’s compact is a sleek elegant one that’s lightweight and very easy to stow at your clutch, purse, or bag.

This powder is a very luminous dusty pressed powder that highlights my skin and gives it a subtle glow without being too cakey and it has a mixture of mica and pigments which gives your skin a natural sheeny texture with a natural glow. It can be used with or without foundation but this should be applied sparingly at first

before you apply the others; you can also use a concealer and moisturizers after applying this and it won’t be sticky.

This powder is long-lasting and is made and designed to be applied easily without having a thick and heavy feeling on your face but it’s purpose is for long-lasting wear too. When I applied this, I thought it was only like a normal pressed powder at first but what made it different was that it wasn’t really that dusty and it stuck well on my skin as I used this first.

When I applied this my skin had a natural glow and I hadn’t even used any concealer yet under the circles on my eyes but almost immediately it cured any signs of stress and tiredness that my eyes had. I hadn’t used this using a wet sponge as it’s really concentrated and I ...

• won’t really like to experiment it, so I only use this dryly and as the first layer when I apply makeup.

I don’t really use any foundation anymore after applying this for special occasions like weddings as I won’t want a thick made-up face but I only apply some light –medium concealer that can hide my freckles and blemishes and all looks great even without any foundation applied after. I found it was long-lasting too; sometimes when I perspire the concealer already disappears and my freckles are showing already, but this layer is still intact and my face doesn’t become oily, only my nose, and I’d only have to powder my nose since it’s the most shiny part on my face, aside from that I don’t need to reapply that much especially when the weather is cold, the layer just sticks there for several hours

and it’s really light on the skin and feels great.

For cleaning it though I have to use cold cream and rinse my face still with cleansing oil afterward as it does stick on your skin pretty easily and I’m afraid that some residue that I can’t visibly see might still be stuck with only using cold cream, so I still rinse with cleansing oil and make sure my face is foamy before I wash it so as to clean it all off. For $22 it’s a very affordable and fair deal and it’s shade is perfect for pale-medium skin.

It has natural and subtle glow and it’s perfect for daily wear. For special occasions you can also use this as the first layer and you can just always apply foundation and concealer after on.

Overall I’d rate this a 9 out of 10 and would buy this again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318091257851130/k2311a098/9.8.10