Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  • Though I must admit I enjoyed this game I was however quite irritated with some of the levels

• by Josh Oneal
      Though I must admit I enjoyed this game I was however quite irritated with some of the levels. I hated Murderworld!!! The game itself is not even remotely difficult if you have ever played a dungeon crawler.

I was also dissapointed at the power wielded by some of the more prominent Marvel characters.

On the first playthrough I felt that Spidey was a wus.

That really made

me mad.

Ironman is nowhere near as tough as he was in X-Men Legends 2: Rise Of Apocolypse.

Captain America was a pleasent suprise in that his base power is truly unstoppable at higher levels.

Every character has their perks but Blade, Moon Knight and Deadpool are unbeatable if done right.

The ability to change costumes is cool but be carefull here as you can waste a ...

• lot of money on each costumes unique properties.

My advice play each character, find their weakness and select ONE costume accordingly.

I also find the auto-spend feature VERY IRRITATING! This can prove to be the largest hurdle in your enjoyment of this game so TURN IT OFF IMMEDIATELY!!! It wastes the skill points available since the intial investment can not be taken back and the game loves to

spread your points around and not focus on the usefull powers.

The in game graphis are a huge improvent over the X-Men Legends games and the CGI movies are truly stunnig.

The sound effects and voice acting are also suprisingly good.

Game play is a breeze and is quite intuitive.

All in all this game is an easy and enjoyable way to waste a few nights of your time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28902125780328/k2311a029/2.9.07