Alka Seltzer Sparkling Original Tablets  » Medicine  »
  • It's not something I'd have picked out myself, being more the type that sticks with the typical cold and cough syrups or tablets that you swallow, and taking something that dissolves in water was a new experience for me
  • When my mother came over the last time I was sick with a really nasty head cold, she brought these, prepared a little glass of water and plopped one of these packets of tablets down into it, and I don't think I had much choice but to take it because you just don't argue with your mother when she's trying to make you feel better, especially not if there is homemade chicken noodle soup somehow involved
  • I thought it was allergies at first until I started to get a headache and fever to go along with it
  • I think they come in flavors, but the Sparkling Original didn't have much of a taste to it that I could discern

• by freya954

I have a mother who still wants to come over and take care of me when I’m sick even though I’m in my thirties now and have kids of my own. At times it’s a little disconcerting, but also I have to appreciate it, because if she didn’t do this for me from time to time, I wouldn’t have found Alka Seltzer tablets. It’s not something I’d have picked out myself, being more the type that sticks with the typical cold and cough syrups or tablets that you swallow, and taking something that dissolves in water was a new experience for me.

The Alka Seltzer Sparkling Original Tablets didn’t sounds very appealing at first. When my mother came over the last time I was sick with a really nasty head cold, she brought these, prepared a little glass of

water and plopped one of these packets of tablets down into it, and I don’t think I had much choice but to take it because you just don’t argue with your mother when she’s trying to make you feel better, especially not if there is homemade chicken noodle soup somehow involved.

The Alka Seltzer tablets are supposed to do what any syrup or pill does, and is supposed to make you feel better by treating the symptoms of a cold or flu. Mostly I just had head cold symptoms with a runny nose one minute then a stuffy nose the next minute, and my poor head felt like it was going to explode. I thought it was allergies at first until I started to get a headache and fever to go along with it. Then the aches and pains ...

• started to set in.

The Alka Seltzer seemed to calm my body down the minute I started drinking it. I nursed the cup for a good fifteen minutes, but with the very first sip I started to feel like it was already working and I was really happy with the results already. My head wasn’t pounding that bad anymore and the fever was going down after the first hour or so after drinking this. It took a bit longer for the other aches and pains to be treated it seems, because it was a really gradual kind of process, but that eventually started to go away somewhat as well.

The taste of the tablets in the water wasn’t as bad as I was expecting it to be either. I think they come in flavors, but the Sparkling Original didn’t

have much of a taste to it that I could discern. You could taste a medicine in the water but it wasn’t anything near what a cough syrup would taste like, and I actually found that I didn’t mind it at all. The fizzing action of the tablets was nice and tickled my nose a bit on the first sip, and I had to swoosh the tablet around in the glass a bit to get it to dissolve entirely because it was being stubborn. But, other than a slight medicinal taste, I liked it because it did make me feel better. I’m thankful that my mother brought this by because I wouldn’t have tried it myself and I’d have missed out on something that does a pretty good job treating cold symptoms like I was experiencing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 267091256910130/k2311a097/9.7.10