Meguiar’s NXT Generation Tech 2.0 Paste Auto Wax  » Cars  »
  • The shine and finish it leaves behind is amazing
  • This is by far the best wax I've ever come across

• by Ricardo L

I recently had a very expensive, show quality paint job put on my 1973 VW Beetle, and I wanted a really high quality wax to give it a pristine finish. While I was in Auto Zone, I came across this Meguiar’s product. The can advertised high gloss and a hydrophobic quality (meaning it sheds water). It was $17, so I assumed it had to be good. So I bought it. It turned out to be one of the better decisions I’ve made.

The wax applied with little effort at all. The directions don’t specify whether or not the applicator had to be wet or not, so I

just dampened it to reduce friction and the chance of any fine dust particles scratching the clear. Unlike a lot of waxes, you can easily tell where you already applied it, which is useful in avoiding over-waxing and wasting the product. The drying time, depending on the environment, isn’t forever but it’s not too quick. Conveniently, it takes about as much time to dry as it does to apply the product to the whole car, meaning you don’t have to constantly stop and take it off with every panel. The product comes off almost as easily as it is applied- something you never find in a ...

• wax. All you need is a little pressure on a clean, dry cloth and the stuff just rolls right off, leaving behind not a spec of wax or dust. Your arm won’t be tired, it won’t take you a long time, it’s really easy.

The shine and finish it leaves behind is amazing. It is far superior to a lot of waxes I’ve used in the past. It adds shine to an already-high-gloss paint job. It even adds a lot of depth to it, which you also don’t find in a lot of waxes. The hydrophobic quality is very high; what water doesn’t just fall off

completely beads evenly. The finish is very smooth with very little friction. Better yet, it holds up well for at least a couple weeks (I re-wax every 2 weeks as a part of my upkeep efforts), and I bet it will last a month.

This is by far the best wax I’ve ever come across. It applies super easy, it comes off easy, and the finish it leaves behind is breathtaking. What more could you ask for? At $17 a tin it’s a little expensive, but it’s well worth it. Stop using the discount wax and get the real deal. You will be nothing short of amazed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 97091256810130/k2311a097/9.7.10