D-Link Range Booster Wireless G Router  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • Since I have three computers now, I decided to use wireless internet instead of cable
  • I found that this was the cheapest router, and the brand is recommended to me
  • I like the external antenna as I believe that the signal will be stronger
  • The other problem is that I constantly had to reboot the device
  • That same day, I bought the TP Link Router

• by MisterTickle

I’ve used cable internet for a long time. Since I have three computers now, I decided to use wireless internet instead of cable. Getting three cables for three computers is too inconvenient. I’ve decided to use a wireless router so all three computers can connect to the internet cordlessly.

This is when I came across the D-Link

Range Booster Wireless G Router. I found that this was the cheapest router, and the brand is recommended to me. The quality of the router is decent.

It is fairly durable and easy to use with not a lot of keys. I like the external antenna as I believe that the signal will be stronger. The box includes a CD, power cord, and a stand.

In the product details, it said that the router is easy to install and I can get my network up and running in minutes. This is NOT true! It took me a long time. The CD does not work on all computers.

I had to install the CD on ...

• D-Link Range Booster Wireless G Router
      a different computer. After getting it installed, it was up and running for a few hours. Every now and then, I would be disconnected from the internet.

My computer is in range, and yet I still disconnect. The other problem is that I constantly had to reboot the device. I brought it to the store that I

bought the router from repair center.

The staff saw it with their own eyes that the router would disconnect. They even had trouble installing the CD. I returned the router and got my money back.

That same day, I bought the TP Link Router. I’ve had more luck, it’s a better brand and it doesn’t disconnect on you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 167091256790130/k2311a097/9.7.10