The Shack-William P. Young
  • This book has a few theological issues I didnt agree with, however it was well worthy of the time it took to read
  • So, be prepared to deal with this issue as you read this book

• by mom2zanriley

I love to read. I read about maybe a book a week or so. Rarely does a book so strike me as to make me want to take the time to write a review on it. This book is different. This book will take you way down emotionally with a heart wrenching story that I cant give away but trust me no one would be without great emotion reading it. Keep your tissues handy. By the middle and end of the book it

builds you back up emotionally.

The Shack is considered Christian fiction. There are Christian views within the book as the main character is wrestling as it were with God in a way to make sense of the huge loss he is facing.

I as a Christian was amazed at some of the pictures that were painted of the Trinity. It opened my eyes to a new way of looking at God, and new thoughts about how he might be looking at us.

This book ...

• has a few theological issues I didnt agree with, however it was well worthy of the time it took to read.

Warning: this book is a quick read however, it will be emotionally draining for you so be prepared to work through those emotions this book will most likely stir up.

The Shack paints a portrait of our pain on earth in matters that happen to us here. Things we dont understand. The whole why do bad things happen to good people thing. However, by

the end you have a wonderful picture of Heaven and God that is well worth the read.

Spoiler Warning: This book deals with the kidnapping and murder of a little girl. It is heart wrenching for anyone especially a parent, and kind of a worst case scenario that is the worst thing that most parents can imagine ever happening to them. To have a child taken from you is most parents worst fear. So, be prepared to deal with this issue as you read this book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 177091256750130/k2311a097/9.7.10