Hanging Rock State Park  » Leisure  »
1790 Hanging Rock Park rd , Danbury , North Carolina
  • My husband and I love building a fire and roasting marshmallows whenever we camp
  • We also enjoyed falling asleep to the sounds of nature

• by Gina Gott

This is a beautiful state park in the moutains of Danbury , North Carolina. This is a great place for nature lovers to camp. If you are in the area, then check this place out. My husband and I had so much fun , and made some memories that I will always cherish.

You pay $20.00 a night for a camp site. There is a grill and picnic table on the

site. You can buy firewood for $4.00 a bundle too. My husband and I love building a fire and roasting marshmallows whenever we camp. We also enjoyed falling asleep to the sounds of nature. Every night I slept so good.

Right up from the tent site there is bathrooms and showers that you can use too. They are clean , but can get crowded. Bring your own soap and shampoo with ...

• you.

There is plenty to do at this park. You can go rock climbing or just hike one of 15 miles of trails. You will see so many amazing things. It is nice just to walk through the woods with towering trees and see all of the pretty wildflowers that are growing everwhere. We saw a couple of different waterfalls that were just gorgeous. There is also many places to fish on

the lake and swim.

This is a wonderful place to go and spend some quality time with family and friends. Going to this place will relax your mind and body. It is so peaceful. Everyone that we met at this park from the staff to other visitors were all so friendly. This is a wonderful and fun place to go on vacation. You will feel refreshed after staying at this majestic mountain park.

Hanging Rock State Park

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 617091256510130/k2311a097/9.7.10