Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask  » Cosmetics  »
  • Usually I like their products and think they smell really great, so I wasn't expecting any impending disaster when I bought and used the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask
  • But it's specifically for over-processed and color-treated hair so I thought it would be the best treatment for my hair's problem at the time
  • Normally I'd avoid any hair products that were so thick with oils, but my hair was so dry and brittle and fried that I thought this was the extreme I needed to go through to get my hair normal looking again

• by Anasuya

You could call this experiment with the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask one of my many cosmetic failures over the years. I haven’t used a lot of Neutrogena products, and those that I have used have, ironically, not had anything to do with skin care directly, like for blemishes, but instead have been lotions or body washes or shampoos and things like that. Usually I like their products and think they smell really great, so I wasn’t expecting any impending disaster when I bought and used the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask.

I had my hair colored by a friend of mine, and that was a massive mistake, because it ended up staying in too long and overprocessed my hair, and by the end of the third or fourth day after my hair was dyed, it looked like a frizzled dried mess.

My hair is normally naturally oily and so to see it so frizzed and fried was really frightening because I was thinking my hair was going to fall out of my head and that’s the reason I rushed to get this hair mask product which I’d seen on the shelves a number of times over the previous couple months and always pased it up because I never really needed it. But it’s specifically for over-processed and color-treated hair so I thought it would be the best treatment for my hair’s problem at the time.

It’s pretty much an intensive treatment for dry hair, and has all kinds of thick oils in it like olive, meadowfoam seed and sweet almond. Normally I’d avoid any hair products that were so thick with oils, but my hair was so dry and brittle and fried that I thought this was ...

• the extreme I needed to go through to get my hair normal looking again. And it smelled really nice which I’ve come to expect from Neutrogena hair care products, and smelled like nature just exploded in the bottle even though it’s not a totally natural product.

And it seemed easy to use. You just apply a small amount to wet, shampood hair and let it sit for three to five minutes and then you rinse it out and towel it dry. It’s a very thick hair product and I had a bit of trouble getting the small amount your supposed to use worked in throughout my entire head of hair, but with some patience you can make it spread where it needs to go. It doesn’t real lather very well, which is what makes it so difficult to spread, and it feels very heavy, even when

putting some in your palms and rubbing your hands together.

And after I got done, I could see that my hair was a greasy mess! It was still a little wet when I left the house so I didn’t notice anything right away, but when I got to work and brushed it out, it felt so incredibly heavy and greasy. I couldn’t believe it. It’s supposed to add shine and make your hair look healthy, but for me it just weighed down my hair and made it look grimy and greasy. There was shine all right, just not the right kind! I had to rush home on my lunch break and re-wash my hair to get it out and use a normal shampoo. It was a mess. But it did rehydrate my hair. Just not in the way I had originally intended. Too bad, because it smelled so nice.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315091256330830/k2311a095/9.5.10