Sembrani Train  » Railway  »
  • Unfortunately, Tawang is only a small railway station
  • Apart from the cleanliness of the coaches and the giant screen, the time management must be well improved to attract the disappointed passengers to be back

• by Pusaka

Recently I had a one day business in Semarang, the capital of Central Jawa Province. Having finished with the business, that very evening I went to Tawang Railway Station in Semarang by a tricycle, to take Sembrani Train to Jakarta. I already had the train ticket, I therefore was relaxed. My train was due at 11 pm.

Since I arrived at slightly more than 10 pm, I had a lot of spare time to see around. Unfortunately, Tawang is only a small railway station. There were

only two or three shops selling dry foods, sweets, and newspapers.

I could find nothing else. The waiting room is an open space with a strong roof to protect passengers from rain. Mosquitoes were therefore everywhere within the station, it was really annoying.

The train I was waiting for was late for more than 30 minutes.

The train itself was good. The coaches were clean and equipped with soft reclining seats.

There were also two giant television monitors, one at each end of the coach. The ac ...

• also worked very well. I did not use the lavatory.

Other passengers told me that the lavatory was clean, but there was no water in it. I thought that so far was good. The train, however, did not move for more than 30 minutes.

The schedule management was not that good. Finally it moved, but with a very very slow speed. Two or three films were played on the giant screen.

Those who did not sleep could watch them. The train stopped at every big station

between 4 and 20 minutes. I had no idea why at some places it took very long time to stand.

It was due to arrive in Jakarta Gambir railway station at 5:15 in the next morning. Again it was extremely late. At last I arrived at 8 o’clock.

“Fortunately” that it was on Sunday, I did not have to go to work. Apart from the cleanliness of the coaches and the giant screen, the time management must be well improved to attract the disappointed passengers to be back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 443091255271230/k2311a093/9.3.10