Facial Care Centre’s LaserLight Hair Removal Treatment  » Cosmetics  »
  • This is definitely an improvement from shaving/plucking 2-3x a week which causes cuts, pores, darkening, etc. It’s a relief wearing anything I want anytime

• by TheCity

Facial Care Centre is one of the most prestigious skin care centers which offer services such as whitening, face lift, etc. Last year, I availed of Facial Care Centre’s LaserLight Hair Removal Treatment for my underarm as I do not want the hassle of shaving, waxing or plucking anymore. I availed it at a 50% off rate of PhP28,000 (around USD610) which included 8 sessions (once every month for the first few sessions and then once every 2-3 months for the succeeding sessions) as well as free maintenance sessions. If you’re interested, you should call them first and ask what promos they have as they usually do offer promos and discounts. You can also choose to pay in installments.

Facial Care Centre has a lot of branches all over Manila but the one I went to was their Ortigas branch. It is located in the 36th floor of the Robinsons Equitable Tower, which is the building right beside the Robinsons Galleria shopping mall. From

the lobby, just take the elevator up to the 36th floor. After exiting the elevator, just turn right and you will see the bright Facial Care Centre office right beside Marie France Bodyline.

The staff of Facial Care Centre in the particular branch I went to is warm and friendly. The attendant assigned to me was very good; she was patient and professional and answered all my questions well. The staff is not intimidating at all and will make you feel at ease.

This is how the procedure goes: they shave what’s left of your hair, then inform you that they will put on the gel which will feel very cold. Afterwards, they will inform you that they will already start the machine. I appreciate the way they inform you of the process step by step before doing it so that you can anticipate what was going to happen.

After the machine starts, the attendant rubs it slowly on the area with the unwanted ...

• hair. It is a teeny bit painful and feels like hair being plucked more intensely but it was totally bearable for me. The intensity of the machine increases with each session and by the 6th session it will feel a bit stronger and more painful but still harmless. During my last few sessions, they had purchased a new machine which is even less pain and more heat. After they finish with the machine, they dab on a cold towel to relieve the soreness and then tell you not to soap the area for a day. After the first few sessions, you will remain hairless for about 2 ½ weeks and then the hair will all start growing back fast again just in time for your next session. It is recommended that you do not shave/pluck/wax at all in between sessions. The time interval between the session and the start of hair growth becomes longer and you will notice that the hair will
        be fewer and less thick. Having very sensitive skin, I was quite worried at first that they might burn my skin or that I might have allergies, but the treatment had no bad effects on me at all.

It has been more than half a year since my eighth and last session and I haven’t been back for maintenance yet as I don’t find the need to do so. I can say that the hair removal was a success for me, there are still hairs growing but only the very fine ones that can’t be seen. The growth is also very slow. I only need to have a quick shave every 2-3 months or so to maintain a smooth, hairless underarm. This is definitely an improvement from shaving/plucking 2-3x a week which causes cuts, pores, darkening, etc. It’s a relief wearing anything I want anytime. For a lifetime of not worrying about your underarm hair and the effects of shaving/plucking/waxing, the procedure is definitely worth the price.

Nhic Eguia says :

would it lighten a dark underarms also? and is it possible that the chicken skin and stubble will also disappear?

ani says :

laser hair removal does not lighten skin. in my case it actually slightly darkened. my esthetician was aware of this and asked me to use a bleach cream all the time while i was getting treatment for the year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313091255261230/k2311a093/9.3.10