Pullen Park  » Leisure  »
520 Ashe Ave , Raleigh North Carolina
  • The best part of this park was the old 1921 Dentel carousel
  • It only cost $1.00 , and adults and kids are welcome to ride
  • My husband and I found a nice spot to sit and have a picnic near the lake
  • My husband and I enjoyed ourselves so much

• by Gina Gott

This is a beautiful park to spend the day in. It has so many fun activities to keep you busy , or you can just walk around and enjoy the beauty of nature. It is a historic park that you have to check out if you’re in the Raliegh , North Carolina area.

Admission to go in is free , but they do charge for some of the activities . Also for food at the snack bar. The prices are very inexpensive though , 2 people can eat for around $10.00!

The best part of

this park was the old 1921 Dentel carousel. It has over 50 fifty hand carved and painted animals on it , and it is beautiful. My husband and I took a lot of pictures of it. You can ride it for $1.00. It is a fun ride and yes it plays music. It is great!

There is also a 1950’s train ride through the park. It is a great way to see things. I loved the loud train whistle. It only cost $1.00 , and adults and kids are welcome to ride. It is ...

• fun for all ages.

Another attraction for small children is the boat rides. That is some small boats that float in a circle in a pool. It cost the children $1.00 to ride them. There are also : playgrounds for the kids , a nice snack bar with cheap but good food , a huge pool to swim in , tennis courts , and more. This is a wonderful place to visit anytime of the year.

If you like the outdoors , this is a wonderful place to relax. There are many walking trails you

can explore. My husband and I found a nice spot to sit and have a picnic near the lake. This place is perfect for nature lovers.

This park is very clean. The restrooms are clean too. Also everybody that we met that worked there was very friendly and helpful.

If you are looking for a great place to have some family fun than this is it! My husband and I enjoyed ourselves so much. This park really has it all , so wear a good pair of shoes and be prepared to have a blast!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 613091255101230/k2311a093/9.3.10