Regal Cinema in Glasgow, DE  » Theatre  »
1100 People’s Plaza, Newark, Delaware
  • I consider this a good thing and a bad thing
  • I love that there are so many choices of movies playing
  • The convenience of ordering your tickets ahead online has made it much more convenient for me and many others to go to the movies
  • I will be going again soon to see Eat, Pray, Love and I look forward to the experience

• by Dawn Hawkins

The closest movie theater to my home is Regal Cinemas in Bear, Delaware. It is a huge theater that shows a total of 16 movies playing at any given time. I consider this a good thing and a bad thing. The bad thing about it is that it is always an extremely busy theater. The parking lot is always full and you sometimes have to walk quite a way across the parking lot of the mall to get to the movie theater itself. It is also very hard to walk in and get tickets for a show that is popular. I always purchase my tickets online and print them at the kiosk when I get to the theater to make sure that I can get into the movie of my choice.

I was invited to go

to the movies at the last minute with a friend and his children. His son wanted to see Chipmunks: The Squeakal. His daughter wanted to see another movie. By the time we got there, my friend decided he didn’t want to see the Chipmunks movie and tried to get tickets for another show. His son won because there were no tickets for any of the other movies available. The point is, I highly suggest you get online and pre-order the show tickets. Tickets are rather expensive for this movie theater. We paid $10.50 per adult and $8.00 per child. Different shows may have higher costs such as Avatar because it is 3-D. Those tickets were $13 per adult.

The theater is huge and there are a lot of activities to do while you are waiting for ...

• the movie. They have an arcade in the front portion of the theater entry way. The food is extremely expensive and they do not allow you to take food and drinks into the theater unless it is purchased there. You will spend about $10 per person for a drink and a snack.

I find that it is generally a good idea to get to the theater long before the movie starts to ensure that you get a good seat. All of the theaters fill up very quickly once it is time to go into the movie. I have never used the bathroom in this theater so I don’t know how clean it stays with so many people in it. I do know that the theater itself is very clean and comfortable. The seats even have a

cup holder in them so you don’t have to hold your drink in your lap. This is a great theater to go to in order to see the movies that you want to see. I love that there are so many choices of movies playing. I come from a time that there was only one movie playing in a theater at a time. This is quite a treat for me. The convenience of ordering your tickets ahead online has made it much more convenient for me and many others to go to the movies. I love the fact that I don’t have to wait in long lines in order to see the movie that I want to see. I will be going again soon to see Eat, Pray, Love and I look forward to the experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 323091255081230/k2311a093/9.3.10