Olive Garden Italian restaurant  » Restaurants  »
323 N Rock Rd Wichita, KS 67206
  • I love Italian food and you can't really go wrong with pasta
  • I think it would be better if every serving was in one of the littler bowls that they give you for subsequent servings so that customers can really enjoy the never ending pasta bowl and get a sample of everything the menu has to offer
  • It would be cool if you could order like seven to go bowls and restock your fridge, or better yet, bring in a receipt from a previous dining experience where you had the never ending pasta bowl and pick up where you left off
  • Olive Garden has the best breadsticks ever
  • They have butter and garlic and it's delicious

• by David Finniss

When it comes to chain restaurants, my food of choice is the bacon cheeseburger. Almost every place offers it, and you can’t really go wrong with that. When we mix it up, we go to Olive Garden.

I love Italian food and you can’t really go wrong with pasta. Some of the dishes are simple, fettucuine alfredo for instance, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

While we don’t go to Olive Garden as much as we may like, we make a point to go in one of two circumstances. The first is when one of us has a gift card, and the other is when they have their never ending pasta bowl deal going on. Yesterday happened to meet both criteria.

The never ending pasta bowl is kind of a cheat.

The first dish they give you is a full helping of pasta. This means that once you finish that, you’re pretty much full. I tried to go light, only having one breadstick, passing on salad, and having my first dish be spaghetti with meat sauce, but even then after the plate, I was about done.

I think it would be better if every serving was in one of the littler bowls that they give you for subsequent servings so that customers can really enjoy the never ending pasta bowl and get a sample of everything the menu has to offer.

On the plus side, we all walked out with leftovers to make a future meal. It would be cool if you could order like seven to go bowls and restock your fridge, or ...

• better yet, bring in a receipt from a previous dining experience where you had the never ending pasta bowl and pick up where you left off. What if you just ordered one never ending pasta bowl and everyone at the table just took turns eating a bowl? I’m guessing they wouldn’t allow that, though it would be amusing to try.

A while back, I joked to my roommate that Olive Garden should put TVs in their resteraunts and have the deal go through football season so people could go in, watch the games and eat pasta. While the deal does run while Football is on the air, there are no TVs to watch the game. Truthfully, it would probably ruin the classier atmosphere they’re going for.

Olive Garden has the best breadsticks ever.

They have butter and garlic and it’s delicious. They are tasty noms indeed. You could go in and just snack on breadsticks, it would be fun times.

While Olive Garden is a classier resteraunt than most chains, the food is still quite affordable. It achieves that fine balance between quality and low price.

The service is quite good, waiters and waitresses are quick to refill your drinks or bring another basket of those tasty breadsticks.

Depending on when you go, it can get crowded, but the waiting period is rarely very long.

If you’re looking for a nice place to eat that is easy on the wallet, you can’t go wrong with Olive Garden. If you are a big eater, the never ending pasta bowl is a perfect deal for you.

Olive Garden Italian restaurant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 73091254921230/k2311a093/9.3.10