The Lake Hotel in Tagaytay, Philippines  » Hotels  »
Km.58, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo Highway, Brgy. Maharlika East, Tagaytay City, Philippines
  • The website showed really amazing views of the hotel and offers a beautiful view of the Taal Volcano
  • The hotel was beautiful but would definitely need to improve on their service and maintenance
  • I'm not sure if I'd want to go back given the bad experience but maybe after a few years, they must have improved on some areas

• by absolutehipps

Tagaytay is one of the most visited places near Manila. It is where you can unwind at the end of the week or have dinner with family and friends. Its main road has a lot to offer - both restaurants and hotels.

My friend and I chose to stay at The Lake Hotel for an overnight stay. It was fairly new and we wanted to try it. The website showed really amazing views of the hotel and offers a beautiful view of the Taal Volcano.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we walked down the staircase leading the the reception area, an indoor swimming pool, restaurant and the garden. The lobby is very spacious and even had a grand piano. We got there earlier than expected and luckily

we were allowed to check-in already.

The room has a beautiful view of the lake, Taal Volcano and the mountains. The room was big enough for 2 persons. We had a Samsung 32-inch Flat Screen TV which I’m psyched about because we were really planning to hang out in our hotel room for the rest of our stay in Tagaytay. Good enough, we brought with us our DVD player because they didn’t have one installed in the room. Initially, we wanted to watch some TV, turned it on and to our surprise there was nothing. They didn’t have any cable installed. Yes, normally you would react, “What am I going to do with a TV with no cable nor DVD player?” Luckily, we brought our ...

• DVD player with us and started installing it and voila, movie marathon.

We had our own veranda with a glass sliding door. We hung out outside for a while then went back in. We were getting comfortable in our room but it is typical of me to look around and check the place especially it’s new. Just as I was fixing the curtains I saw on the floor a bug. It’s not really that surprising because right in front of us are trees and the mountains. I got a glass from the restroom to cage in the bug on the floor and asked for a housekeeper to sweep the floor. When he arrived, he cleaned our room and found out there were more bugs in the

room, mostly near the curtains. I asked him to remove the glass which I used to trap the bug and so he did. After he picked up the glass, he went to the restroom and put it back where I got it. It was unbelievable because the housekeeper got the glass from the floor which is expected to be dirty and he expects us to use it again - which of course we didn’t. We politely explained to him to have it changed given the circumstances.

The hotel was beautiful but would definitely need to improve on their service and maintenance. I’m not sure if I’d want to go back given the bad experience but maybe after a few years, they must have improved on some areas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23091254911230/k2311a093/9.3.10