Orajel Severe Pain Formula for Toothaches

• by Dawn Hawkins

I went through a recent bout with a very bad toothache and couldn’t get to the dentist right away. The pain was excruciating and I needed some relief. With my usual skepticism, I went to Walgreens to see what I could find to help with my problem. There were several choices to include Orajel Severe Pain Formula which sounded just about right for the pain I was feeling. I made the purchase which cost me $7.99 for a .33 oz. tube and immediately headed home to find relief from my agonizing pain.

When I got home, I opened the package and saw that it was a tube. I snipped off the end of the tube according to the instructions and found a cotton swab to rub it on with. I dabbed a little bit of the Orajel onto the cotton

swab and began rubbing it on the affected area. I wouldn’t say that it was immediate relief, but it was close enough. It helped a little bit when I used just a dab of it like the instruction stated. I will, however, state that it wasn’t enough to get rid of the pain.

Tooth pain is some of the worst pain a person could feel. In desperation, I put more of the Orajel on the gums and did so until the pain was completely gone. It worked, I had successfully numbed the area of the toothache so I couldn’t feel it. The only problem was that I had used at least half the tube to get the job done and the formula is a little “gross” to say the least. I found that the Orajel in the tube isn’t like ...

• the liquid type of toothache relief that you can purchase over the counter. It was a thicker formula much like toothpaste. I noticed that you could see the Orajel on my teeth and gums after it was applied. Fortunately, I didn’t have to go anywhere after I applied it.

The Orajel pain relief lasted for a couple of hours for me, but remember that I put far more on my tooth than I was supposed to. That is what desperation of a toothache can do to an otherwise sane person. I would reapply more Orajel Severe Pain Formula the minute that I felt it wearing off so that I wouldn’t have to apply as much again. That tricked worked and I soon had a method down to keep the pain down until I could get to the dentist. There is a

problem with using the Orajel Severe Pain Formula as well. My mouth felt much like it would after getting dental work done where they have to numb the area. There wasn’t much of a taste to it, but it made food taste different when I tried to eat. I had to be careful drinking anything as well because the liquid would run out of the numbed side if I didn’t pay close attention to what I was doing. I would say that Orajel Severe Pain Formula isn’t as good as what they say unless you overuse it as I did. You aren’t supposed to do that though and it can become very expensive to use. Get to the dentist as soon as possible if you have a severe toothache. Orajel might help temporarily, but it only masks the pain, it doesn’t correct the problem.

Dan says :

Hey, I have this moler that I have a hole in from bad dental hygeine, next to taking the tooth out, is there anything stronger the dentist can give me? I tried it and so far, I used about a pea size amount and it is much better, and yes, Toothaches are like Rambo version of a citizen being torchered for hours on end, I can’t even sleep properly, I would nap for a hour, then BAM your in pain for 5 hours straight….oh my god I’m tired. Anyway, please get back to me and let me know your thoughts.

Ron says :

Rubbing Alcohol is the key.You can buy a bottle for a dollar and it will last a long time.Much better and more effective than Orajel.Rubbing Alcohol kills the pain instantly.I’ve used it for over 20 years with no adverse side effects.Just be careful not to swallow any.Even if you swallow a little bit it’s not going to hurt you.Of course it’s going to burn,but it’s not nearly as bad as the pain of a toothache.Just get a mouthful and hold it against the tooth as long as you can.It should kill the pain for several hours or more depending.When the pain returns just repeat the process.I have noticed that if this process is continued for several weeks or more it will actually kill the nerve.Bonus Once you try it you’ll be amazed at how people are paying nearly $ 8.00 for a little tube of Orajel that doesn’t work half as good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263091254801130/k2311a093/9.3.10