Nikon Cool Pix S8000 14.2 MP Digital Camera
  • One problem I found was that the camera seems to have a short battery life

• by MisterTickle

I got the Nikon Cool Pix S8000 Digital Camera recently. It is 14.2 megapixels and red colored. I got it after seeing that it has a 10 times zoom and advanced image stabilization. These are probably the only features other digital cameras don’t have. It offers high definition video recording, which I find useful.

The size of the digital camera is fairly small. It fits on the palms of my hands. The camera is fairly thin. It is less than two centimeters. I compared to other cameras that I have owned, this one is thin and has a large screen. It fits nicely in my pockets. I don’t feel any bulky

camera in my pockets.

The controls are easy to use. They are well laid out. Navigating around digital cameras has always been a pain for me. This new camera makes it seem so easy. There are a few buttons such as the trash, menu, switch between camera and viewer, flash, and self timer. For my previous camera, I have to turn on flash and self timer through the menu button. There was no quick access button for me to press. It was a real pain, however, this new camera makes everything seems so easy. I find the instructions easy to follow and I’ve set up my camera within minutes.

I love ...

• the picture quality. When they say 14.2 megapixels, it actually is 14.2 megapixels. For my previous camera, it takes a while to capture the image after click the button. The Nikon Cool Pix S8000 has improved that technology. You will not believe how fast a picture is captured. The movie quality needs some work. When they (store and company) says high definition video recording, they don’t mean it. The video quality isn’t high definition. I don’t think the video quality is that bad, but it isn’t great either. I will conclude that it is fair.

Concluding, this camera is great. One problem I found was that the camera seems to have a

short battery life. When I turn the flash on, the battery can last at most 45 minutes. I have sent it to get it fixed and looked at. Nikon’s customer service is hard to get a hold of. I have called their customer service number, and it took them ages to get back to me not to mention putting me on hold for half an hour. It can take up to two weeks for the camera to be fixed and returned to me. I find this a really long time to wait and I can’t request the status of my camera. Other than that, this is a great camera and really worth the money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 433091254601130/k2311a093/9.3.10