Lights Out Sleep Mask  » Health  »
  • Since it is form fitted to the nose as well, there are no gaps that let in small amounts of light, as I have noticed with most other masks
  • I highly recommend it to night owls or anyone who travels by air as it could probably make a long haul flight a lot more comfortable

• by reviewabit

I ordered this sleep mask from Magellan travel supplies a few months ago. I am a night owl and often find myself sleeping poorly during daylight hours, so along with some white noise for sound blocking, I need something to wear over my eyes to block out light. I’ve had a few complaints in the past about cheaper sleep masks– mainly that they put pressure on the eyelids which is irritating, or the straps are not comfortable or do not fit well.

The Lights Out mask solved both problems and I am very happy with its design. There are indentations

in the lightweight foam frame so that your eyelids never touch the mask.

It simply sits on the nose, which is form fitted and very comfortable, and the eyes are protected from all light by the enclosure around them which fits perfectly to the face, closing in around the eyes but not touching them at all. It’s brilliant! It was obviously designed by someone who has faced problems with other sleep masks.

You can even open your eyes comfortably inside this mask. It doesn’t even hit your eyelashes! Since it is form fitted to the nose as well, there are no gaps ...

• that let in small amounts of light, as I have noticed with most other masks.

When I first saw it, I wondered if it would be hot as it was heavier looking than other masks, but I have found this is not the case. It is lightweight and completely comfortable.

It does not cause sweating or flare up oily skin. The straps are velcro, and since you can fully adjust them, the mask can be as loose or tight as you like, which is perfect for anyone, no matter what face shape or head size.

Since I’ve been using this

mask, I have slept so much better! I never wake to find it has fallen off, and it never slides around and hurts my ears. When mine got dirty from use, I threw it in the washer and it came out still perfect.

I am so happy with this mask I have told all my “night shift” friends to try it. It even comes in several different colors, for those who like to coordinate all their sleepwear.

I highly recommend it to night owls or anyone who travels by air as it could probably make a long haul flight a lot more comfortable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343091254391130/k2311a093/9.3.10