Frontierville game on Facebook  » Games  »
2.5
  • At first I thought it was terribly unoriginal, as planting crops and harvesting animals and trees was something we all did on Farmville for the whole past year
  • Unfortunately, a few things were a turn off right away
  • Another problem were the constant, and I mean constant pop up boxes
  • I will give the creators some time to work out the bugs and maybe I will try again, but I told my neighbors that I would not be playing the game actively for awhile, because it just wasn’t worth the hassle when I could play other games that I actually enjoyed

• by reviewabit

Frontierville is a new game on Facebook that seems to have taken it by storm. I jumped on the bandwagon and started playing as soon as friend’s neighbor requests were sent. At first I thought it was terribly unoriginal, as planting crops and harvesting animals and trees was something we all did on Farmville for the whole past year.

Soon I realized that although there were many similarities, there were differences that would make it appealing in its own right. You had the opportunity to create family characters, to

help neighbors in a variety of ways, and do a bit more original customization of your avatar and surroundings.

The graphics were bright and clean and very attractive. There was a lot of potential here.

Unfortunately, a few things were a turn off right away. To play this game, at least in the beginning stages, you have to have energy points which you have to practically beg and scrounge for, or wait several minutes for an energy recharge that only let you do one or two things.

The entire time ...

• I played this game, all I did was recharge energy, wait for energy, or try to plan how to get anything done with the least amount of it. This detracted from my enjoyment immensely and made the game drudgery.

Another problem were the constant, and I mean constant pop up boxes. It seemed like I could only make one click before having three or four boxes come up- the vast majority of which were unnecessary and I clicked to ignore.

Yet another problem was freezing. I had to reload

the game constantly because of crashes and found that it was taking far more time to manage this game than it was to play it.

Friend’s requests got “lost” and neighbors often did not show up when they were supposed to. I will give the creators some time to work out the bugs and maybe I will try again, but I told my neighbors that I would not be playing the game actively for awhile, because it just wasn’t worth the hassle when I could play other games that I actually enjoyed.

Frontierville game on Facebook

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 283091254371130/k2311a093/9.3.10