Tooth Fairy movie 2010  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I’m sure kids love it for the gags and crossdressing fun, but I think most adults will find it a bit boring
  • I was a bit worried when the anti-cat spray was introduced as I love cats and hate to see them characterizes as villians in movies, especially if violent action is carried out on them
  • There was very little attempted comedy surrounding the visits into various houses and this surprised me as I thought this would be the funniest angle to take on a film like this
  • I would recommend this movie to younger kids who don’t expect much more than a few laughs, but I don’t think older children and adults will care much for it

• by reviewabit

For its ideals and values, I give this film a B+ but as an entertainment source it has to be a C. Although it had some good moments, overall it didn’t impress me. The storyline was bland, typical, and cutesy.

I’m sure kids love it for the gags and crossdressing fun, but I think most adults will find it a bit boring. The main character is likeable enough, but he is put in the cheesiest of situations possible and it just got ridiculous.

No real man

would have reacted the way he did to fairyland. There was an opportunity for a lot of potentially adult humor which the film did not take, so it was obviously geared towards kids alone.

The moral of the story was “it’s ok to believe” but its real value is questionable. I did not like the costumes at all.

In this age, I think we should expect a bit more from set design and makeup/costumes. The fairy outfits and cheesy wings were just lame, even by ...

• kids’ standards.

The one character I did like was the wingless fairy who was the main character’s guide. He was more unique and genuine, although still exaggerated.

I was a bit worried when the anti-cat spray was introduced as I love cats and hate to see them characterizes as villians in movies, especially if violent action is carried out on them. Fortunately all the anti-cat spray did was scare the cat and make it jump.

There was very little attempted comedy surrounding the visits

into various houses and this surprised me as I thought this would be the funniest angle to take on a film like this. There were a few missed opportunities here.

The cameo appearance by Billy Crystal was probably the highlight of the whole film and it was genuinely funny. Too bad it was only for a couple of minutes! I would recommend this movie to younger kids who don’t expect much more than a few laughs, but I don’t think older children and adults will care much for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113091254361130/k2311a093/9.3.10