Desitin Creamy Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Ointment
  • It is a product made in Canada by Johnson's and Johnson's, a leading brand when it comes to baby care products, so I know that the product is high in quality
  • What I like about Desitin Creamy is that it is true to its product description of being creamy
  • My baby is a year old now and he doesn't get rashes as often but we still keep a tube of Desitin Creamy on hand as I found out that it is good not only for rashes but also to alleviate mosquito bites

• by ascendant

I am a first time mom so I take advice well from other moms who have been there and done all that. When I was on my 9th month, I met a mom in one of the forums who advised me to buy a diaper rash ointment (just in case, she said) and she advised that I get Desitin Creamy. I had no idea what Desitin Creamy is so I asked around and found out about this diaper rash ointment. However, I also found out that Desitin Creamy is not available in my local drugstore and supermarket. I searched all over until I was finally able to buy it online for 5.50usd.

I guess all babies have sensitive skin and it’s important that their soiled diapers be constantly changed. My baby experienced diaper rash even as he was still in the nursery and the hospital gave

me a cream in a sachet to take home with me to apply to the area. I used the cream they gave me at first but when I ran out on the first month, I switched to Desitin Creamy. My baby is finicky when it comes to diapers and there are diapers that really irritate his skin. It took several tries before we could find a diaper brand that did not irritate him and during our trial and error period, I was glad for Desitin Creamy because it really helped treat and soothe his rashes.

Desitin Creamy comes in an easy squeeze tube with a flip top cap. The drug facts are printed on the back of the tube for easy reference. It is a product made in Canada by Johnson’s and Johnson’s, a leading brand when it comes to baby care products, so I know that ...

• the product is high in quality. One tube contains 136g (4.8 oz) which is a lot considering its price. The expiration date can also be discerned at the ridged end of the tube.

What I like about Desitin Creamy is that it is true to its product description of being creamy. The formulation is really creamy and it goes on smoothly and does not irritate my baby even if the product just sits on his skin. Although its label classifies it as a zinc oxide diaper rash ointment, its consistency is similar to toothpaste in that it is white and opaque and for me, it is more of a rash cream than an ointment. It doesn’t matter however because it works so well as it is. The product is described to be hypoallergenic although it comes with a fresh scent. Its fragrance actually smells like baby

powder. I like this product so much that I also use the cream on myself for bites. I don’t know if its the zinc oxide but it really helps alleviate itchiness.

My baby is a year old now and he doesn’t get rashes as often but we still keep a tube of Desitin Creamy on hand as I found out that it is good not only for rashes but also to alleviate mosquito bites. I can’t thank the mom in the forum who introduced me to this and I would like to do the same to other first time moms who have not yet purchased this product for their baby. This product is really a must have in any baby medicine cabinet. For moms in the Philippines, not to worry because this product can be bought off in ebay or in the for sale section of any parenting website.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 543091254091030/k2311a093/9.3.10