Paracetamol Tempra Kid 2  » Medicine  »
  • Calpol is a brand of paracetamol that proved effective so when my son got another fever at 14 months, I thought to again give him Calpol
  • When I was at the drugstore, I found out that there were several kinds of Tempra depending on the child's age
  • When I got home, I administered the prescribed dosage and just two hours after taking the initial dosage, I really noticed a huge improvement in my son's condition
  • The only thing I don't like about the medicine is the way it is packaged
  • The bottle I bought had a cap that was faulty in that it did not close very well

• by ascendant

My son was already 8 months old when he got his first fever and our pediatrician at the time prescribed Calpol to us. Calpol is a brand of paracetamol that proved effective so when my son got another fever at 14 months, I thought to again give him Calpol. However, I did not want to play doctor with my son’s health so I first consulted with our new pediatrician if it was ok to administer the same brand of paracetamol. Our new pediatrician however said that we should give my son Tempra Kid 2 instead. Not one to argue with a doctor, I immediately went and bought Tempra Kid 2.

Tempra is a brand of Paracetamol manufactured by

P.T. Bristol-Myers Squibb Indonesia. When I was at the drugstore, I found out that there were several kinds of Tempra depending on the child’s age. I finally found the Tempra Kid 2 I was looking for and according to its label, it is to be taken 3 to 4 times daily or as needed. The recommended dosage for children 1 to 5 years of age is 5 to 10ml (about 1 to 2 teaspoons). However, our pediatrician said that we should give my son 7ml because of his weight. At 14 months, my son weighs 32 lbs so he is a bit on the heavy side. I went home feeling a bit relieved because I can finally administer something to help reduce my son’s fever.

When I got home, I administered the prescribed dosage and just two hours after taking the initial dosage, I really noticed a huge improvement in my son’s condition. His skin was not as hot and there was a drop in his temperature. From 38.2 degress Celsius, it became 37.4 degress. True, there was still fever but it was not as high. I really felt as if a big weight had been lifted on my shoulders. We continued with the medicine and again administered it after 6 hours and by that time, he was already feeling so much better.

I had a hard time giving my son Tempra Kid 2 ...

• Paracetamol Tempra Kid 2
      the entire time because he did not want to drink it. I resorted to using a dropper and even then my son would clamp his mouth shut. According to Tempra’s label, this was already the new better tasting version. I have no idea what the old version was like though. True enough, when I smelled the medicine, it smelled of really sweet orange candy and it really did taste like orange. It might sound weird but I always make it a point to try and taste first whatever I give to my son. To my taste buds, Tempra Kid 2 did not at all taste like medicine. But my son apparently does not enjoy the taste and
      it was like pulling teeth to get him to drink the medicine. Nonetheless, I am really thankful and happy that Tempra Kid 2 proved really effective in bringing my son’s fever down. The only thing I don’t like about the medicine is the way it is packaged.

Tempra Kid 2 has a cap with a safety mechanism. You have to push it down first before you turn it to the left to open and you have to push it down again and turn the cap to the right to close. The bottle I bought had a cap that was faulty in that it did not close very well. Hopefully, not all caps are like the one I got.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263091254081030/k2311a093/9.3.10