Vandor Star Trek Glass Tumbler  » Housewares  »
  • I don't know why the designers of this glass made him all orange and gold, and it actually takes a little getting used to, at least it did for me, but the colors did grow on me, and now, I think it's one of the most unique Star Trek-themed glasses I own
  • As a drinking glass, I like this tumbler because it's comfortable to hold thanks to its smaller base which gets fatter as the glass gets taller and also because of the amount of beverage it can hold
  • This glass generally sells for around five dollars, which is admittedly a lot to pay for one glass, but it's to be expected that it'll cost more considering it's a themed glass as opposed to just a simple, transparent glass

• by CirclingCanvas

This sixteen ounce glass tumbler is made by Vandor and has a Star Trek theme to its design. The glass itself is transparent, with the exception of an iconic image of Mr.

Spock, who is shown giving the traditional live long and prosper sign with his right hand.

For some reason or another, Mr.

Spock is mainly orange and gold.

I don’t know why the designers of

this glass made him all orange and gold, and it actually takes a little getting used to, at least it did for me, but the colors did grow on me, and now, I think it’s one of the most unique Star Trek-themed glasses I own.

In addition to the orange and gold Mr.

Spock design, the glass also features the words “Star Trek” in blue right underneath Mr.

Spock.

This glass is clearly designed with the original series in mind and not the movies featuring the original cast or the 2009 reboot movie.

As a drinking glass, I like this tumbler because it’s comfortable to hold thanks to its smaller base which gets fatter as the glass gets taller and also because of the amount of beverage it can hold.

It’s sixteen ounces, so when ...

• Vandor Star Trek Glass Tumbler
      I do use it, I can generally pour enough beverage in the glass where I won’t want more or have to make another trip to the kitchen.

I have other Star Trek-themed glasses that don’t hold as much beverage, and while I like them, I wish that they would hold sixteen ounces of beverage, like this one does.

This glass generally sells for around five dollars, which

is admittedly a lot to pay for one glass, but it’s to be expected that it’ll cost more considering it’s a themed glass as opposed to just a simple, transparent glass.

The price still bothered me some though and the design on the glass would be more attractive if it wasn’t orange and gold, but I still am happy to own this glass, so I’m going to rate it an “8″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533091253971030/k2311a093/9.3.10