Hydroco/Apap medicine
  • I should explain that I am not a fan of pills
  • The good news is that if I felt the pain coming on, I could take one of the pills, and it really just took a couple of minutes before relief was there

• by Orrymain

Hydroco/Apap is the generic drug for vicodin. Technically, it is a narcotic that is a combination of hydracodone (hydroco) and acetaminophen (apap). Hence the united name of Hydroco/Apap.

This is a drug that I have been prescribed off and on over the years to deal with pain. Now the pain is normally related to some dental procedure, such as an extraction or a root canal. Most recently, it was a

nasty root canal that was the catalyst for another prescription for Hydroco/Apap.

For me, the drug works pretty well. There was one time a couple of years ago when I had a really nasty situation going on with my teeth. In that case, the Hydroco/Apap just didn’t work well. It wasn’t strong enough, so my dentist gave me something else that did the job.

For the average pain, such as that which ...

• I recently went through, the Hydroco/Apap does do a nice job. In fact, this last time, it worked very quickly, so much so that I had just a twinge of pain before taking another.

I should explain that I am not a fan of pills. I take them only when I absolutely have to. I mention this as a tie in to the previous paragraph, because I was taking this medication

strictly on an ‘as needed’ basis. My pain wasn’t consistent, so I didn’t take it unless it began to rear its ugly head.

This is why I mentioned that twinge. The good news is that if I felt the pain coming on, I could take one of the pills, and it really just took a couple of minutes before relief was there.

The drug does make me tired, so I don’t drive after taking it.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263091253781030/k2311a093/9.3.10