Aveeno Energizing Body Wash with Citrus  » Cosmetics  »
  • After I toweled myself, I found my skin to feel a little tight
  • I wouldn’t recommend this for usage for people with already dry skin as it might turn them very sensitive
  • I also wasn’t impressed by the fact that it dried me out so much that my skin hurt

• by shanjucool

I have taken a liking recently to citrus-scented fragrance and hence, I tend to buy things related to beauty and cosmetics, such as moisturizers and body lotions in the citrus-scented variety. This includes body wash as well. So when I came across Aveene’s Body Wash in Citrus scent, I picked it up right away. It promises to wake up my senses in the shower with the citrus scent and keep me active throughout the day. Also, being a body wash, I expect it to deliver good cleaning properties as well as that is its main purpose.

I use this as I would use any other body wash. This product comes in a plastic bottle. I squirted some onto a wet loofah and created a lather onto the loofah

first before applying to my body. This body wash does lather quite nicely and thickly, but a considerable amount of product is required. Also, the lather tends to disappear quite soon, so squirting more body wash may be required in the span of one shower. Otherwise, the lather spreads quite nicely onto my body and I work it in using the loofah to get a squeaky clean feeling after I wash the lather off.

The scent of this body wash is the main selling point. When I see the label ‘citrus’, I tend to think of sweet orange and lemon scented products. This was more on the side of raw fresh oranges and lemons than the sweet variety that I’m used to. Also, the scent seemed to ...

• disappear within the first minute in the shower, maybe I got used to it, I’m not sure. But since I couldn’t smell it anymore, it didn’t help with the invigorating and awakening feeling that I was supposed to get. Also, I would have liked it if the scent lingered onto my body longer, but there was absolutely no trace of the scent left after I left the shower, so that was a bit of a disappointment as I do want to smell like fresh citrus fruits, but this did not give me that.

Maybe the body wash cleans a bit too well as I also found the body wash to be a bit drying. After I toweled myself, I found my skin to feel a little tight. I

felt the need to immediately moisturizing myself as when my skin is extremely dry, it tends to break and bleed or start peeling off, both of which are rather painful. Maybe this body wash takes away all of my body’s natural moisture as well as the dirt, or maybe it leaves behind a film of soap, I don’t for sure. I wouldn’t recommend this for usage for people with already dry skin as it might turn them very sensitive.

Overall, I wouldn’t buy it product again as I find it did not keep its promise of awakening me with its citrus smelling body wash. I also wasn’t impressed by the fact that it dried me out so much that my skin hurt. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313091253751030/k2311a093/9.3.10