Lush Godiva Shampoo Bar
2.5
  • I had one good experience with a Lush shampoo bar previously, namely the Soak & Float, which is supposed to get rid of dandruff and it did a great in doing so
  • So far, all the shampoo bars that I’ve used from Lush, I found they take a little time to lather
  • I would also not recommend leaving this in a wet area as it can melt and that is a complete wastage of product
  • I think I will throw them away as they are useless to me
  • I am pretty disappointed with this product

• by shanjucool

I had one good experience with a Lush shampoo bar previously, namely the Soak & Float, which is supposed to get rid of dandruff and it did a great in doing so. So this time I wanted something that could help moisturize my dry hair and thus help make my hair more manageable, especially during the summer months when my hair seems to fly away and gets tangled in difficult knots. I went in to Lush as they use organic and mostly natural ingredients in their products. The sales associate recommended me to use this particular shampoo bar.

I’m not new to using shampoo bars as I have previous used a shampoo bar from Lush. They are pretty easy to use, all I did was wet it a little and rub the bar gently in circles in

my hair in order to create lather. So far, all the shampoo bars that I’ve used from Lush, I found they take a little time to lather. This maybe due to them being in solid form or maybe due to some ingredient in the shampoo bar itself which takes time to break down into lather. I would also not recommend leaving this in a wet area as it can melt and that is a complete wastage of product.

This shampoo bar contains chunks of real shea butter in between the other shampoo ingredients. The inclusion of shea butter is one of the main moisturizing ingredient of the shampoo, as shea butter is known as a potent moisturizer. I found it to be a weird to use at first. The shea bits are a bit slippery, so holding ...

• onto the bar is kind of hard. Also, the shea butter does not melt or mix with you hair, so I’m not sure how it is working as it stayed intact throughout the entire time I’ve used it. The shampoo parts around the shea butter chunks have lathered up and disappeared, and I am only left with the shea butter chunks, and I don’t know what I should do with them as they are immiscible with water and don’t rub onto my skin either. I think I will throw them away as they are useless to me.

The results of using this would be that I did not notice any change in my hair at all. I did not feel it helped add moisture to my hair as my hair is as dry and limp as ever.

Actually, I think it might have played a role in making my hair a little drier than it originally was. I am pretty disappointed with this product. It costs around $10, so it is pretty pricey for a shampoo, and I think it is a total waste of my money as it did not work at all, but instead wrecked my hair further. I think I have seen drugstore products perform better. The smell of this shampoo isn’t that strong and did not bother me very much. It dissipated soon after I took it out of its package.

Overall, I will not buy this shampoo bar again. I will try out their other shampoo bars, maybe not all of them give the drying affect as some of them do. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313091253741030/k2311a093/9.3.10