Buscopan (hyoscine butylbromide)  » Medicine  »
  • Well indeed as per my personal experience, I did not feel any bad side effects at all
  • Now I know already what medicine to take the next time around

• by ladyli

One time, I suffered severe abdominal cramps in the office. It first started with tolerable minor spasm on my abdomen. But when I sat on my computer table, I was disturbed when I felt the cramps getting sharper and painful. That was the first time I ever had that kind of abdominal cramps.

The cramps gave me terrible stomach pain that I even had hard time breathing. It was so painful that all I wanted was to bend my body to feel a bit better but still the pain kept going and getting even more painful. I had to ask for help and so my two office mates brought me to the clinic.

The doctor asked me what I’ve eaten but I could not remember of any food I’ve eaten except bananas because

that was all I had that morning and bananas are my regular morning food so it could not be possible to become the cause of my stomach cramps. I’ve been eating bananas everyday and have never had stomach cramps so I was sure the pain had nothing to do with the bananas. It was just so hot that day that I drunk so much cold water to refresh myself.

That was all I knew before I suddenly felt the cramps. Before treating me, the doctor first asked me if I have any health issues like heart failure, tachycardia, among others and after he confirmed I have no such health issues he gave me a tablet which I immediately took without even examining what that tablet was. All I wanted was to get well so inasmuch ...

• as it was given by the doctor I presumed it was safe and besides I really would take any medicine if only to get immediate relief from those painful abdominal cramps.

The doctor told me stay in bed for a while so I could relax. After few minutes of taking the tablet, I felt the pain subsiding and the spasm slowly relaxing. Then in a little more while total relief came to me.

I felt well and better and it was only then that I noted my whole body was almost wet with sweat due to the terrible pain I went through. After I felt the great relief, I asked the doctor what is the name medicine that I took. I have always been careful about synthetic medicine but when I personally proved

the medicine to be effective and felt no bad side effects I always take note of it.

The doctor told me it was Buscopan. I asked if this medicine is safe and he assured me that this is the safest medicine he could give me because this is not an analgesic or painkiller but rather an antispasmodic. According to him Buscopan does not enter the blood stream so that makes the patient more likely free to feel unpleasant side effects unlike analgesics and painkillers.

Well indeed as per my personal experience, I did not feel any bad side effects at all. I did not even feel drowsy after taking the medicine. I just felt alright and all ready to go back to work.

Now I know already what medicine to take the next time around. It’s Buscopan.

Buscopan (hyoscine butylbromide)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263091253200930/k2311a093/9.3.10