Johnson’s Baby Shampoo (No More Tears)  » Cosmetics  »
  • This may sound weird, but my ophthalmologist instructed me to use it as such, and as I found it helpful, I want to share it with others
  • Aside from preventing infection, I noticed that use of the shampoo lessens itchiness in the eyes which lessens eye-rubbing, which is one of my bad habits

• by TheCity

I am reviewing Johnson’s Baby Shampoo not as a shampoo for the hair, but as shampoo for the eyelids and lashes. This may sound weird, but my ophthalmologist instructed me to use it as such, and as I found it helpful, I want to share it with others.

2 months ago, I had sore eyes. My eye and the area surrounding it were swelling. I went to the doctor thinking there was something wrong with my eye; however, it turned out that I had an eyelid infection, which was caused

by dirt as well as different cosmetic products. Apparently, when the eyelid gets infected, it stops producing oil which gets your eye sore and irritated. If not cured immediately, it can grow into a sty.

He told me to wash my eyelids and eyelashes with Johnson’s Baby shampoo (no tears) twice a day, and then apply an eyelid cream. He also told me that even after the infection was cured, I should still shampoo my eyelid from time to time. The procedure is to get a cotton bud, put ...

• some shampoo on its tip and gently dab it to your eyelid. With this procedure, my eyelid healed in a few days’ time.

I still shampoo my eyelid from time to time. Aside from preventing infection, I noticed that use of the shampoo lessens itchiness in the eyes which lessens eye-rubbing, which is one of my bad habits. Rubbing damages the eyes and causes glaucoma, etc. Aside from health reasons, you would actually want to do it as it feels wonderful and refreshing. As women, we

use a lot of products such as mascara, eyeshadow, liner, cream, etc. and it feels so good to wash the area as chemicals get stuck in the area and build up. You will actually feel the difference after shampooing.

Johnson’s Baby shampoo is perfect for this purpose, I cannot think of any other product that can be used. It is mild and gentle, and is not painful or irritating to the eyes. It has a fresh lemony scent which only adds to the refreshing feeling after the shampoo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313091252880830/k2311a093/9.3.10