Argentina Corned Beef  » Food  »
  • It seems the manufacturing is cost cutting so they add extenders
  • The broth is what I think makes the corned beef taste good
  • Last but not the least, I believe Argentina have a secret ingredient why I am not fed up eating their corned beef despite of the colorant they use
  • It is one of the best tasting corned beef in the whole world

• by Grecy

Argentina Corned Beef is one of the popular local brands of corned beef here in the Philippines. It is very affordable of PHP 28.90 of 175g. Once you opened the can, you will smell the aroma of spiciness. The aroma is so strong that you want to eat it right away. I observed as I open it, the meat is so red, that makes me wonder Argentina uses too much red colorant to make their meat look freshly cooked.

My father decided to sautéed it with garlic, potatoes and onions, because it is

more good if, we eat corned beef with that type of cooking and if it is warm. Anyway, even if it is not cook, you can still taste the spiciness and it taste good even without cooking. The smell of garlic completely covered the corned beef on the can. Even the broth taste good. The broth of the corned beef can be a viand alone. Maybe that is the reason why Argentina Corned Beef is number one. However, observed that there are many extenders. We can estimate half meat and half extenders ...

• are inside the can. It seems the manufacturing is cost cutting so they add extenders.

As we are eating the corned beef, I give my attention to the colorant. The colorant makes the corned beef unhealthy to eat. It is obvious, that they are hiding something with the meat. I do not know the reason; however, it became less appealing to me. On the can, it claims that it is fortified with zinc and iron that are good for health; I do not see any changes with me though. For me, as

long as it contains preservatives, it will never be good for our health.

One can of 175g is good for five servings. It is good for lunch and dinner and even for breakfast. The broth is what I think makes the corned beef taste good. It is perfect for bread, rice and even crackers. Last but not the least, I believe Argentina have a secret ingredient why I am not fed up eating their corned beef despite of the colorant they use. It is one of the best tasting corned beef in the whole world.

Argentina Corned Beef
    Kizke says :

re : It is one of the best tasting corned beef in the whole world
    The old taste is gone

Esparaghetti says :

The argentina corned beef tastes like it has overdosed with preservatives and artificial flavorings. Before when I was still buying Argentina Corned beef, the threads of the beef are evident and the taste was still good. But now, when I open a can of it, the can was full of watery beef stock and the meat was in a ball-shaped lumping on the bottom of the can. And when you cook it, it tastes more like artificial flavorings and all monosodium glutamate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273091252790830/k2311a093/9.3.10