Haldiram Rasmalai Bonbon Sweets  » Food  »
  • But my curiosity led me to taste and experience what Rasmalai is
  • But I can still recommend anyone here to try and taste Rasmalai
  • You can purchase Haldiram Rasmalai on stores, groceries and malls nationwide in India for the cost of Rs 110 or equivalent to $2.35 on their 450g tin can which has lift to open lid

• by strawberrychocodahi

This was my very first time to eat Indian sweets and Rasmalai is one of them. I got curious on the white ball floating on syrup which I said to my hubby that he better buy me a can to sample and eat. It was readily available on stores and groceries in India.

Rasmalai contains milk, sugar, rose water, cardamom and other ingredients. It was really sweet that I really gave up eating further because I’m already having Goosebumps. I don’t have longer tolerance on eating sweets than salty foods. But my curiosity led me to taste and experience what Rasmalai is.

It is too

spongy to eat which I really don’t like when I chew because it was scratching my teeth, making a squeaky icky feeling and sound that I am not really comfortable. It really drives me nuts whenever I chew it and hear the squeaky sound and as the white ball Rasmalai gives off excess syrup since it absorbs too much liquid like what a sponge does.

I do squeeze out the excess syrup by pressing it with spoon before I chew it. At least the squeaky sound was lessened when the Rasmalai was pitted. I don’t suggest you do the same thing like I ...

• do. Eat it with confidence if you want. I just don’t get myself concentrating on the taste since I am too conscious on what my teeth produces sound which is so annoying to me. The texture of Rasmalai is really rough and your tongue would not like to mingle with it.

I don’t know how Indians can enjoy eating this, but I can see to it that they really like a lot of sweets. If you are diabetic no need to say that you better stay away from eating Rasmalai. I guess they do serve Rasmalai on special occasions here in India. But as

a foreigner living in this land, I wouldn’t like Rasmalai much; I would eat something else on their menu of sweet treats.

I have nothing against Haldirams Rasmalai. It was just my taste that does not like it. But I can still recommend anyone here to try and taste Rasmalai. You can purchase Haldiram Rasmalai on stores, groceries and malls nationwide in India for the cost of Rs 110 or equivalent to $2.35 on their 450g tin can which has lift to open lid. Just don’t forget to check the expiration date which is also found on the top portion of the tin can.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272091252750430/k2311a092/9.2.10