Maybelline Volume Express Falsies Mascara
  • So I had high hopes when I bought this mascara, especially since they are promising to give the look of false lashes, which is pretty dramatic, and who wouldn’t like to have lashes as long and thick as that of false lashes
  • It wasn’t very expensive so even if it didn’t fulfill its promise, I wouldn’t be losing a lot of money, and since Maybelline made such a big statement of giving the look of false lashes, I thought it was definitely worth a try
  • This mascara really did thicken my lashes considerably, and definitely made them look more intense in terms of volume
  • There was no clumping on first time application on my lashes, but when I wanted to reply a second coat after the first coat has dried, I found that my lashes had started to clump majorly, which was not welcome
  • Overall, I would recommend this mascara for other people to use, especially if they are looking for longer, thicker and more voluminous lashes

• by shanjucool

I really liked Maybelline’s Colossal Mascara from their Volume Express line. So I had high hopes when I bought this mascara, especially since they are promising to give the look of false lashes, which is pretty dramatic, and who wouldn’t like to have lashes as long and thick as that of false lashes. So I went down to my local Wal-Mart and bought this for around less than $10. It wasn’t very expensive so even if it didn’t fulfill its promise, I wouldn’t be losing a lot of money, and since Maybelline made such a big statement of giving the look of false lashes, I thought it was definitely worth a try.

This mascara features a different brush than the Colossal. The

brush in this mascara has the added feature of mimicking a spoon, thus helping to coat the lashes better and also to help the lashes fan out, as in actual false lashes. According to the package, the formula in Falsies is a Pro-Keratin formula, which supposedly helps thicken the lashes, thus giving them volume and also leaving no gaps in between the lashes.

I do think that Falsies is a pretty good mascara. I have long, straight and heavy lashes that droop downwards instead of curling upwards. This mascara really did thicken my lashes considerably, and definitely made them look more intense in terms of volume. There was no promise of any curling action, and true to its campaign, this mascara does ...

• not help curl the lashes. Though my lashes looked very long, which is always appreciated. I do not understand the purpose of the spoon-shaped brush, I do not think it helped fan out my lashes at all. It simply did nothing and I don’t think it was even necessary. The formula seems to be the only improvement from Colossal that I can measure. I don’t really have gaps in between my lashes, so I did not have to worry about that. There was no clumping on first time application on my lashes, but when I wanted to reply a second coat after the first coat has dried, I found that my lashes had started to clump majorly, which was not welcome.
        There was also no smudging or flaking, even in extreme humid conditions, but this is not waterproof so I wouldn’t wear it out in the rain. Lastly, my lashes don’t really look like false lashes, as false lashes are much more intense and dramatic. But I am satisfied with what this mascara offers for its price as its formula is quite thickening and makes my lashes look more voluminous than any other mascara I’ve tried.

Overall, I would recommend this mascara for other people to use, especially if they are looking for longer, thicker and more voluminous lashes. I might not repurchase this though as there are many other mascaras out there that I would like to try. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312091252650430/k2311a092/9.2.10