Lush Soak and Float Solid Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • It was pretty disgusting and I also lost a ton of hair due the problem, along with bad smelling hair
  • I never even heard of solid shampoos before this, so it was a pretty new experience and I didn’t mind trying it
  • Although Lush claims it contains some sort of oil to help moisturize the strands, I felt it did right the opposite for me as my hair was robbed of shine and I needed to condition my hair thoroughly after each application of this shampoo in the shower in order to get back some moisture in my hair, otherwise I found my hair to become very easily tangled due to the large amount of friction in my hair caused due to the dryness

• by shanjucool

I once had very bad dandruff. It was like you see on those Head & Shoulder commercials. I would literally leave flakes of dry scalp everywhere. It was pretty disgusting and I also lost a ton of hair due the problem, along with bad smelling hair. I tried a lot of the products out there, mostly drugstore products. Even Head & Shoulders did not help as I seemed to have lost more hair using it. So, I stepped into Lush because they use organic, natural and fair trade ingredients in their products. After failing on every other shampoo out there that promises to get rid of my bad dandruff, I thought maybe a product that is natural and handmade would finally take away my dandruff problem.

When I went to Lush, the sales associate there led me to this solid shampoo. The idea of using solid shampoo was very new to me as I was only used to using liquid based

shampoo. I never even heard of solid shampoos before this, so it was a pretty new experience and I didn’t mind trying it. I thought, if it got rid of the problem, it didn’t matter what form the cure came in. Turns out it wasn’t so bad using it. I took the shampoo out of its Lush paper wrapper and wet it slightly and applied it directly to hair, which is completely soaked with water. It took some time to later, but it lathered pretty well after that. I concentrated mostly on my scalp, as that is where the problem lies. One thing that surprised me was the strong smell of the product. It is not pleasant, its very medicine-like, but thankfully after a while I got used to it in the shower and it didn’t bother me anymore. After use, I put the solid shampoo back into its paper wrapper, as I didn’t have a container for it yet.

• I wouldn’t recommend leaving this product out in wet environment as it can melt.

I had to use this shampoo entirely before I could see any results, which took me about a month and half with twice a week application. My dandruff was lessened but it did not disappear, as I would have liked it to. I still had flaked falling off every now and then, but it was a lot better than what I had to deal with before I used this shampoo. So I would say this shampoo works to get rid of the dandruff. My hair loss also improved, I guess it was correlated to my dandruff problem. One negative aspect of this product though, would be how much it dried out my hair. Although Lush claims it contains some sort of oil to help moisturize the strands, I felt it did right the opposite for me as my hair was robbed of shine and I needed

to condition my hair thoroughly after each application of this shampoo in the shower in order to get back some moisture in my hair, otherwise I found my hair to become very easily tangled due to the large amount of friction in my hair caused due to the dryness.

Overall, I would say this product works and I am guessing with continual usage the dandruff with eventually go away entirely. It does take time but the results are worth it. But to keep my hair feeling less frizzy and dry, a good deep conditioning is required after each time I use this shampoo. Price wise, this shampoo is pretty pricey, almost $10 from my local Lush store, which is a lot more than Head & Shoulders or any other drugstore shampoo out there. But if you are looking for something that really works and is made from organic materials, this is the right product for you. If you liked this review, please vote.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312091252560430/k2311a092/9.2.10