Duncan Hines Oven Ready Homestyle Brownies - Chocolate Fudge  » Food  »
  • Unfortunately, it seems like every time I find something I really love, it ends up going away
  • I like it, and I sure hope that's not a death sentence for the brand because I now expect to buy this quite a lot
  • It baked as noted on the box, it tasted super both hot and cool, it cut easily, and I enjoyed them a lot

• by Orrymain

If you’ve ever read any of my dessert food reviews, you probably know that I adore a good brownie. However, I don’t want to go through a lot of mess to have them. I hate clean up more than anything else, and with life the way it is these days, I want quick and simple.

Unfortunately, it seems like

every time I find something I really love, it ends up going away. Well, I’ve seen Duncan Hines Oven Ready Homestyle Brownies - Chocolate Fudge boxes in the freezer section of the store for a few years now, and I’ve always ignored it.

Duncan Hines is a cake brand I used to buy as a kid sometimes, but it was replaced by other brands over the years. Whenever I’ve used it, I haven’t been as happy with it, and that’s why I never really gave any thought to trying out these brownies. However, like I said, my last favorite has disappeared from my grocery market, so nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Duncan Hines Oven Ready Homestyle Brownies - Chocolate Fudge ...

• Duncan Hines Oven Ready Homestyle Brownies - Chocolate Fudge
      is ready to bake. Until you want to bake it, it stays in the freezer. The brownie mix is in a tray, ready to go. All you have to do is tear off the plastic cover and put the tray into the oven for somewhere in the half hour vicinity.

The box actually provides directions for both fudgy

brownies and cake brownies, so you can have whatever style you want.

The verdict? I like it, and I sure hope that’s not a death sentence for the brand because I now expect to buy this quite a lot. It baked as noted on the box, it tasted super both hot and cool, it cut easily, and I enjoyed them a lot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272091252460430/k2311a092/9.2.10