Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait  » Food  »
  • I don't like to have it too often, but for the occasional spice to life, it works
  • My problem has been that sometimes there is too much vanilla ice cream without any chocolate or anything to add to its taste

• by Orrymain

Dairy Queen’s Peanut Buster Parfait is, overall, a nice treat for a hot day. Every now and then I’m ready for a change of pace, and that’s normally when I’ll order this dessert. I don’t like to have it too often, but for the occasional spice to life, it works.

This particular treat is comprised of a bunch of peanuts, quite a bit of Dairy Queen’s self-described creamy smooth

soft serve ice cream, and lots of rich hot fudge, all of which is layered to give you a zesty taste in every bite. That’s how it is supposed to be.

The ice cream itself is very tasty. I’ve always liked Dairy Queen’s ice cream, which does live up to the creamy and smooth description given to it.

I have no argument with the chocolate syrup, or rather, hot fudge ...

• either. It tastes great and as a chocolate junkie, that’s quite important. That said, it isn’t always a delight for the reason mentioned below.

My problem has been that sometimes there is too much vanilla ice cream without any chocolate or anything to add to its taste. I’m not sure if it is the preparation or what, but it sure is disappointing when that happens.

The big deal about

the Peanut Buster Parfait is the layering effect. When they get it right, it works well because you bite into it and get this zesty combination of ice cream, fudge, and nuts. However, when it’s just ice cream, well, it’s just ice cream.

Maybe it’s just the Dairy Queen that is near me, but if they don’t start making this dessert layered properly, I’ll pass it up and get a sundae instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272091252450430/k2311a092/9.2.10