Bel Air Mega Sub  » Food  »
  • This thing is positively huge, and it is definitely far more than one person can eat, or at least, that's my take on it
  • In actuality that is easy to do, especially because the preparers actually slick this mega sub into two halves, so one is easily consumed now and the other can be wrapped up and enjoyed later that day or maybe the next day and still be fresh enough to enjoy
  • I wanted to add bacon but that was, get this, a whopping $2 more, which I think is insane
  • Overall, though, this was an enjoyable sandwich and I like that I can choose to have what I want on the mega sub

• by Orrymain

Bel Air’s deli has a bunch of different sandwiches to choose from, but their granddaddy has to be their Mega Sub. This thing is positively huge, and it is definitely far more than one person can eat, or at least, that’s my take on it. For it to work for a single person, I’d say it’s something to save for a couple of meals.

In actuality that is easy to do, especially because

the preparers actually slick this mega sub into two halves, so one is easily consumed now and the other can be wrapped up and enjoyed later that day or maybe the next day and still be fresh enough to enjoy.

The mega sub comes on 12” Frenchette roll which, honestly, I wasn’t that thrilled with. The taste was fine, but the roll really does roll over onto the other piece. Honestly, I’m not ...

• sure how to describe this, but for example, sometimes I need to slice these big sandwiches. I can’t eat them as big globs. Well, it was too hard to slice because it kept falling over because of how the bottom and top pieces were cut and connected. It was bad news for me.

When you buy the mega sub, you get to choose two meats (ham, roast beef, oven roasted turkey, or

Italian dry salami), two cheeses (Swiss, cheddar, Monterey Jack, Jalapeno Jack, Provolone), and a bunch of condiments and vegetables (long list).

The last one I purchased had ham, turkey, Swiss cheese, provolone cheese, lettuce, and mayonnaise. I wanted to add bacon but that was, get this, a whopping $2 more, which I think is insane.

Overall, though, this was an enjoyable sandwich and I like that I can choose to have what I want on the mega sub.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272091252440430/k2311a092/9.2.10