Bel Air Malibu Melt  » Food  »
  • My only objection is that it was hard to cut through and I like to cut my sandwiches into smaller pieces for easier eating due to teeth issues
  • I love the way they came together to delight my taste buds
  • The cheese was terrific as well and really brought out the best of the meats
  • Well, it may not be healthy, but it sure is true from my experience
  • I heartily enjoyed my Malibu Melt and I anticipate purchasing another one at some point

• by Orrymain

One of my favorite sandwiches is turkey and bacon club. I can’t always get that, but I often like to get variations of it when I am in the mood for a sandwich. Even better sometimes is when it can be heated up or prepared in what we now call a sandwich melt.

One of the improvement’s at the Bel Air deli is that it can offer melts, such

as the one they call the Malibu Melt. I love the name. It’s inviting and makes my mouth water.

A Malibu Melt consists of rotisserie turkey breast, Virginia ham, Fontina cheese, and mayonnaise on a ciabatta roll. I actually had never had a ciabatta roll before having this sandwich a while back, so it was new to me.

I actually liked that this Italian bread was broad and flat.

• For me, it makes the sandwich easier to eat. My only objection is that it was hard to cut through and I like to cut my sandwiches into smaller pieces for easier eating due to teeth issues. Still, it did cut, just not as smoothly as I’d wanted it to.

The turkey and ham combination was absolutely yummy. I love the way they came together to delight my

taste buds. The cheese was terrific as well and really brought out the best of the meats.

Now for this sandwich, I added bacon, and that really set this melt over the top. I just loved it to pieces. They say bacon makes everything better. Well, it may not be healthy, but it sure is true from my experience.

I heartily enjoyed my Malibu Melt and I anticipate purchasing another one at some point.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272091252430430/k2311a092/9.2.10