Purina Carvers Roasted Slices for Dogs
  • This product, Purina Carvers Roasted Slices for Dogs, was on promotion at PetSmart and so I decided to see how my girls would like it
  • My issue with the treats is that I don't like the smell or the texture
  • They definitely were thinking 'there be chicken here and it's for us

• by Orrymain

Whenever a chance comes up to try a new, reliable treat for my dogs, I generally take it. Now what I mean by that is getting a discount or a freebie or some kind or promotional deal. I also mean that it comes from a good, reputable company. I don’t buy strange brands for the dogs any more than I would for myself. This product, Purina Carvers Roasted Slices for Dogs, was on promotion at PetSmart and so I decided to

see how my girls would like it.

The deal was for the 16 ounce bag which was re-sealable. That actually worked (not all re-sealable bags actually function; this one did).

Purina Carvers Roasted Slices for Dogs are lightly seasons and oven cooked, per the bag, and they are made with over 80 percent real chicken. It also proclaims that there no artificial colors, flavors, or by-products included.

My issue with the treats is that I don’t like the smell or the texture. That whiff of ...

• chicken aroma when you open the bag is nauseating. Well, for me, not for my very eager dogs, and I do mean very eager. These girls were all over this bag anytime that I took it out. They definitely were thinking ‘there be chicken here and it’s for us.’

The texture was sort of flimsy smooth. It was firm in that none of the pieces fell apart or broke, but the package says you can break them into bites, which I didn’t

do, but believe is possible. The fact they didn’t break on their own is good plus. These were big pieces that I could easily hand my dogs. It was several bites for them to complete. I just didn’t like the feel of them.

So, my dogs adore them. I can’t stand the aroma. It’s unclear at this point who will be happy in the future — my dogs because they get more of these or me because I stick with Milk Bone Biscuits.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292091252360430/k2311a092/9.2.10