Sing, Cowboy, Sing movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • That beginning wallow was a screech that I don't think I'll ever forget, but I really want to -- badly

• by Orrymain

Before this week, my exposure to Tex Ritter was just knowing that he was a singing cowboy and that he was John Ritter’s father. In fact, watching him, all I could think about was John. I saw John in Tex so much that it was almost distracting. There’s no denying their relationship.

Sing, Cowboy, Sing is the

film in question for this review. What frightened me was the opening of this 1937 western musical. Oh my goodness. That beginning wallow was a screech that I don’t think I’ll ever forget, but I really want to — badly. Tex can’t be that bad, can he?

I kept hoping that it was a put on, and I don’t know, maybe the whole thing was, but sadly, it didn’t get any better with the other songs as the movie progressed. Every single song made me wince. I just hated his singing voice. What a nightmare.

Worse was this song that Tex sang while he and sidekick Duke were in dire straights. I ...

• Sing, Cowboy, Sing movie
      didn’t get all the smiles and happy expressions. It didn’t make sense to me.

As for Duke the sidekick, oh my, no thank you. Were these two really that successful? Duke looked like he needed a makeover badly. He resembled a dirty old man or something. I didn’t have a single good vibe from him

at all.

I felt bad for White Flash, Tex’s horse that also had star billing. He didn’t do all that much in this film, and he didn’t look like he was having a good time to me.

I just didn’t feel the love with this movie, and the singing was a huge turn off. Sorry, Tex, this doesn’t work for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112091252260430/k2311a092/9.2.10