Kat Von D Eyeshadow Palettes  » Cosmetics  »
  • First of all, both palettes cost me $34 and they contain 8 different eye shadow colors each
  • I like that I can use this palette for either a daytime or a night time look
  • If I were purchasing anything of similar quality, it would probably be a lot more expensive, so I do not mind the expense of the Kat Von D eyshadow palettes because I know I am getting a high quality product

• by Intensify

Kat Von D is a tattoo artist well known for being on a reality TV show called Miami Ink on TLC. She moved to LA Ink after a confrontation with a fellow cast member. She recently came out with her own makeup line which is only available from Sephora. I ordered a few of the products from her makeup collection online and just received my products. The major products that I purchased were Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes. I purchased two of them — the Metal Orchestra Palette and the Gypsy Makeup Palette. There were also palettes that I did not purchased but wanted to, like the Ludwig palette and the Beethoven palette. As you can see, the Kat Von D products have very clever names!

First of all, both palettes cost me $34 and they contain 8 different eye shadow colors each. Each eyeshadow has 1.4 grams in it. This is pretty comparable to other pots of singular eyeshadow so you’re getting a lot of product. To get 8 different eye shadows in one palette

is a really good deal! Each palette also comes with a small double headed brush that I don’t really like using just because it is small and I have my own brush set.

First of all, I am so in love with the Metal Orchestra eyeshadow palette. It is my favorite palette of the two that I purchased. The eight eyeshadows are all extremely well pigmented. Only a small amount of each eyeshadow truly goes a long way. The colors really pop. Colors in different shades of blue and grey. It’s the perfect thing to create a smoky blue eye for a really nice night time look. This is something that I have loved wearing to parties and I have gotten so many compliments on it. It comes with a cream eyeshadow. That is perfect to use as a base to help make all the other colors really stay on the eye. It also really does a good job of bringing out the color and adding drama to your eyes. I’m so glad they thought to include ...

• this because sometimes I can skip the step of using a primer on my eyes since I have this!

I also love the Gypsy eyeshadow palette. It has more browns and greens than the Metal Orchestra eyeshadow palette. It also has a cream eyeshadow that can be used as a base in a golden yellow color. I like that I can use this palette for either a daytime or a night time look. It is so versatile. It contains a sparkly green color that really pops. I absolutely love it. The colors in both palettes have a very smooth finish. They are all extremely blendable and go on so smoothly. Another thing is that none of the eye shadows irritate the skin or cause redness. I like that all of the Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes come with this nice black shade that is very standard and very useful for almost any look I could ever imagine trying to create.

I absolutely love the packaging of the Kat Von D makeup palettes. Each one has this nice white

flower detailing on a sleek black container. It is probably the most beautiful makeup palette I have ever owned, yet they are so simple. Whoever designed the packaging for all of the Kat Von D products is seriously very talented. I also like that the mirror within the palette is huge. I don’t have to worry about squinting or trying to fit one side of my face into a tiny compact mirror.

Overall, I give the Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes a rating of a 9 out of 10. I am very impressed with this product. The only thing that really holds me back from giving a 10 out of a 10 is the price. It is a bit price-y, but I also realize that you get eight very well pigmented eyeshadows in one palette for $34. If I were purchasing anything of similar quality, it would probably be a lot more expensive, so I do not mind the expense of the Kat Von D eyshadow palettes because I know I am getting a high quality product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312091252080330/k2311a092/9.2.10