Chanel Allure Tender Hair Mist Fragrance  » Perfume  »
  • I don’t consider getting my second hair mist enough to say I’m in the middle of this hair perfume craze
  • Unfortunately I had only arrived at that realization when the item came and caught swirls of the fragrance on the bottle the second time around
  • It’s much sheerer and the floral notes definitely emulate the fragrant scent of conditioners or girly shampoos
  • Allure Tender I believe has more character than the popular Chanel chance
  • Thus, I don’t recommend buying this frivolous hair mist on principle

• by jhunie

I really think of extending my small perfume collection to include just a few of the hair mists I can find here locally. I don’t consider getting my second hair mist enough to say I’m in the middle of this hair perfume craze. It started with a post in a certain online forum advertising for prospective swappers, I traded an old Serge Lutens perfume residing in my cabinet for a long time in exchange for a hair mist. I remember some years ago, my sister used to wear a Chanel perfume called Allure but I never liked it on her. From what I could gather, the scent was quite musky and strong. Unfortunately I had only arrived at that realization when the item came and caught swirls of the fragrance on the bottle the second time around.

It smells great on my hair though. The scent seems more concentrated whenever I take a sniff

on the bottle. However, if I spritz it on my hair, Allure Tender becomes a watered down version of the EDP. It’s much sheerer and the floral notes definitely emulate the fragrant scent of conditioners or girly shampoos. The fragrance opens up fresh with a bit of spicy cool. It’s soft and devoid of the sharper notes of the original Allure, except that the dry down reveals a sugary vanilla tone.

Allure Tender I believe has more character than the popular Chanel chance. Maybe I prefer this one because it has a hint of gourmand and the scent didn’t disappear right away like the green notes of chance. Even if this is just a flanker to the original Allure perfume, it actually makes a scent of its own. It’s elegant, sexy and perhaps confident without getting very self-conscious in my opinion. The only thing I’m not comfortable with is the formula of ...

• the hair mist. It says to contain silicones that are supposed to add conditioning effects to the hair, probably to substantiate the benefits of the product.

What I love about wearing perfume on one’s locks is that the genuine quality of the scent remains preserved. Well I actually like to spray this on my wrists as well, just like any perfume but the scent usually ends up getting tampered when it settles on the body. The body chemistry interacts with the dry down of the scent. So spraying it to my hair prevents the perfume from transforming into something awful. The scent also gets confined in the body whereas hair fragrances smell more discernible as it’s allowed to be dispersed freely.

Chanel perfumes really have an amazing longevity. Allure Tender adheres well both as hair mist and light perfume. The base notes remain stable, at least on my hair. I couldn’t help but

be slightly displeased by the strong vanilla base as it lingers on the body which intensifies the already gourmand sweetness of my body lotion. The overlapping of fruity and spice that dominate the top notes tend to be short-lived and leave a sour sillage on my dress after several hours of donning the fragrance. I’ve just been testing this mist for a couple of days. The previous owner of the unwanted item said it came from a gift box containing a set of allure-scented bath and body products from Chanel.

When purchased a la carte, it retails at a ridiculously expensive price tag of 40 dollars. Thus, I don’t recommend buying this frivolous hair mist on principle. To a positive note, if you happen to dislike the original Allure perfume and look for a softer, contemporary version of the 90’s fragrance, I guess it won’t be a bad expense to luxuriate on this hair perfume.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 562091252010330/k2311a092/9.2.10