Restaurant Les Jardin Des Delices  » Restaurants  »
Chaussee de Bruxelles 253, 1410 Waterloo, Belgium
  • Before taking the drive back to Luxembourg, my husband and I decided to eat lunch knowing that by the time we arrive home, there would be no restaurans open (apart from the fast food ones)
  • In addition, she was quite friendly and you could ask her anything (we asked for the best way to go to the Ring or the highway from the restaurant)
  • I think she could see that we were hungry and was even telling us that the food will be ready shortly
  • For example, the Solettes cost €18,50, the Tomates Crevettes €18

• by bethbarl

The first and only time I was in this restaurant was 3-4 weeks ago. I was on my way to Alsemberg from Brussels looking for a specific furniture shop. Before taking the drive back to Luxembourg, my husband and I decided to eat lunch knowing that by the time we arrive home, there would be no restaurans open (apart from the fast food ones). We would’ve waited until the evening service begins again in the restaurants.

The restaurant has no parking of its own as it is located on the main street of Waterloo right in the middle of its commercial district. We were lucky to find a parking which was about 5 minutes walk to the restaurant.

The interior is clean and modern. It was ironic that while we left Africa, it still followed us

(the decoration has an African touch in the form of zebra striped chairs). There are not a lot of tables (there is also a verandah where you can eat) but I sat comfortably with enough room to move around. When I was there, only 3 tables including ours were occupied so it was really quiet. There was only one person serving the 3 tables but this lady was efficient.

In addition, she was quite friendly and you could ask her anything (we asked for the best way to go to the Ring or the highway from the restaurant). We even had a small discussion on the state of politics in Belgium in general (the division between the French and the Flemish speaking population) as we did not know anymore what’s happening in this continent. It’s ...

• always refreshing to hear the opinion of a local and not merely believe what’s written in the newspapers or shown on television.

Not only was she friendly but she was quite sympathetic. I think she could see that we were hungry and was even telling us that the food will be ready shortly. My husband took Filet Americaine (Steak Tartare) while my daughter took the Tomates Crevettes (North Sea shrimps with tomatoes). My youngest kid took the Blanc Vollaille (chicken breasts). I took the Solettes (small soles) as I felt that I ate a lot of meat in the last 4 years. It was quite good and although it usually comes with boiled potatoes, I also ate some French fries with it (served in conical ceramic holders). The portions were sufficient and I was

quite satisfied with my food. There was no room for dessert of any kind as we were all full and in addition, had to drive back. The only thing my husband asked for was a cup of espresso (+ a digestif) to keep him awake while driving.

Prices are reasonable and again within the limits of what you would pay for while dining in a restaurant in this area. For example, the Solettes cost €18,50, the Tomates Crevettes €18. Fish and seafood are usually more expensive than the Steak Tartare (€14) or the Blanc Volaille (€13) as is the case in most restaurants here. Otherwise, paying €101,20 for 4 people without starters and a few glasses of wine is normal. I will not mind going back to this restaurant again the next time I am in Waterloo Centrum.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72091251820330/k2311a092/9.2.10