Ramsey Veterinary Clinic  » Pets  »
3 Meadowbrook Rd., Ramsey, NJ 07446
  • My husband and I have been to several vets, so we definitely have a basis for comparison, and we decided Ramsey Veterinary Clinic is our favorite one
  • Dr. Smith, who I believes owns the practice, is a top notch veterinarian in my opinion
  • He is completely honest and not looking to make a quick buck like other Doctors I know
  • He said he has no problem handling her but it would stress her out more, and he would not get a thorough enough of an exam
  • On the other hand, I have noticed that to hold true to most vets I have been to

• by slappy

As a mommy to two cats and one 88 pound golden retriever, there is always a reason to be at the vet. My husband and I have been to several vets, so we definitely have a basis for comparison, and we decided Ramsey Veterinary Clinic is our favorite one. First of, the staff there is super friendly. Every time we walk in with our Golden Retriever, Harley, the staff immediately welcomes her.

They come over and pet her and offer her treats. Harley and the staff are equally as happy to see each other. Once we go into the actual examining room, our pets meet with the nurse and then the Doctor.

Dr. Smith, who I believes owns

the practice, is a top notch veterinarian in my opinion. He is completely honest and not looking to make a quick buck like other Doctors I know.

One of our cats is extremely terrified of the vet and wouldn’t even let up for an exam after tranquilizers. He wanted to try the tranquilizer option first because putting her completely under for an exam is both costly and not ideal if he can do it without. Our first aproach was without a sedative, and he was very honest on his approach.

He said he has no problem handling her but it would stress her out more, and he would not get a thorough enough of an exam. Thus, we attempted the tranquilizers on a ...

• different day. After two failed attempts with sedatives, we had her completely put under where he could do blood work, xrays etc.

He gave us options on what kind of exam he could do, prices, etc and we wound up having the works done. After a hefty bill, and some gland clearing, she came home very healthy. Our dog has had a few occurences where we had to call the vet and they recommended she come in that day.

Even when they are completely booked, they always manager to squeeze her in because they really care about our pets. She’s only one and a half years old and last year when she was really little she tried to play with the

cat. Needless to say she got scratched in the eye and it was basically shut for the whole morning and sensitive to the sun.

When we called the vet they took her that day. They examined her eye thoroughly, gave her some antibiotics, washes, and ointment and after two weeks of us maintaining her eye, she was all better. The vet charged regular price on am emergency, so that was pretty cool that they didn’t charge emergency prices.

The only downside to Ramsey Vet is that they do charge a decent amount of money. On the other hand, I have noticed that to hold true to most vets I have been to. With Ramsey Vet though, you definitely get the service you pay for!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292091251100630/k2311a092/9.2.10