The movie Shrek 2  » Movies  »
2.5
  • I thought that Donkey was hilarious and I really loved Fiona
  • So when I saw that there was going to be a sequel I decided that I should definitely go and see it
  • I did go and see it and was very disappointed that I paid $10.00 to see this movie
  • It did not progress very quickly and it really was not that interesting
  • I really was bored through most of it and regret paying 10 bucks to see it

• by webgirl40

I liked Shrek the original. I really liked how different it was as far as a animated film. I thought that Donkey was hilarious and I really loved Fiona. She was such a strong female character. So when I saw that there was going to be a sequel I decided that I should definitely go and see it. I did go and see it and was very disappointed that I paid $10.00 to see this movie. It was really just not very good.

It picked up right where the

first one left off. It opens with Fiona and Shrek returning from their honeymoon. They encounter donkey who had a fight with dragon and doesn’t want to leave. They are interrupted when they are summoned to the castle of Fiona’s parents for a royal ball to celebrate their marriage. To make a long story short. Fiona’s dad and Fairy Godmother try to have Shrek killed and try to trick Fiona into marrying Fairy Godmother’s son Prince Charming.

This movie did have some funny parts. Like in the beginning ...

• where Shrek and Fiona’s father do not get along and end up destroying the dinner table. They were few and far between but there were a few funny parts.

I really did not like they way the story progressed it was slow and too much like the first movie. The whole kill the Ogar thing was done in the first movie and really should have been played down. I also did not like how…well, boring the movie was. It did not progress very quickly and it really was

not that interesting. It really seemed like the makers had hoped to move on the back of the success of Shrek the original.

I think that it might have been an okay movie for kids and those who don’t mind bad sequels. I really was bored through most of it and regret paying 10 bucks to see it. It one of those movies that you might watch on tv and be okay because you can always turn it, but its really not one that should have been 10 bucks to see.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112091251090630/k2311a092/9.2.10