Barnes and Noble Nook E-Reader 3G + WiFi
  • I love the really slim body and the touch screen interface
  • I like to have the text size big so I don’t have to strain my eyes
  • The battery life is probably the best I’ve seen
  • The nook is a cheap e-reader that has many features that I believe no other e-reader can compete with

• by MisterTickle

I used to go to the library to check out books and then return the books once they expire. Using the nook to get books saved me a lot of trouble. I can get books within seconds. The nook is an e-reader created by Barnes and Noble. Barnes and Noble is a book store that sells a large variety of books. The nook only makes getting books easier. When I first went on their website, they have two different nooks. One nook has a built in wi-fi and the other nook has a built in wi-fi and 3G connection. The wi-fi is used to connect wherever a network is detected, but the 3G allows you to connect anywhere whether or not a network is detected. I got the nook 3G + Wi-Fi model for $199. I got free shipping on my order.

The nook itself is a decent device. I love the really slim body

and the touch screen interface. The reason I chose the nook over the Kindle was because of this. The Kindle didn’t offer touch screen while the nook did. The touch screen is great as it is very responsive and sensitive. The nook has a total of five keys. One key is for power and the other four are for turning pages. I find the nook’s design to be simple and it looks better. Compared to the Kindle, the nook looks great. I don’t like all that extra keys on the Kindle.

Since I have the 3G connection, I am on AT&T’s internet service. The connection fee isn’t that expensive so I can get books fast and cheap. With the 3G, I don’t have to hunt for a wi-fi hotspot to buy books. I can sit comfortably in my living room and access Barnes and Noble online bookstore. Tap the book, tap “ok” and the ...

• book is on my nook library. Getting books is really easy. All the books that I want are available in Barnes and Noble online bookstore for the nook. There isn’t a book that I can’t find.

The reading experience is great. I can adjust the text size for easy reading. I like to have the text size big so I don’t have to strain my eyes. Reading in the dark is no problem. The backlight on the nook does not give me a headache or hurt my eyes. The reading quality is great. I can book mark the page I’m on and go back to it anytime I want. The nook never seems to run out of space for books. The capacity is 2GB. Each book has a maximum of 1 or 2MB.

On a single charge, my nook can last a week. With the wi-fi turned on, the nook uses more battery unsurprisingly. The

other thing I like about the nook is that the battery is easily replaceable. I can buy a batter for around $30 and replace the battery myself. I can unlock the battery, slide it out and insert the new battery in. The battery life is probably the best I’ve seen.

The one feature that the nook has that no other e-reader has is lending a book. I can lend a book to someone else that has an e-reader or I can receive books from someone else who has a nook. This saves me money because I don’t have to buy the book myself. The nook is a cheap e-reader that has many features that I believe no other e-reader can compete with. The touch screen interface makes the nook unique as no other e-reader has touch screen. I do not like having an e-reader with a whole bunch of keys so the nook is right for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162091250900530/k2311a092/9.2.10