Bellini’s Italian Restaurant
Cubao Expo, Gen. Romulo Ave., Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
  • His works are displayed on the walls of the restaurant, and they looked interesting although I wasn’t able to take a close look
  • The servers were pleasant enough, but in my opinion, it would be better if they exuded even more warmth to complement the homey atmosphere of Bellini’s
  • As a whole, I would recommend going to Bellini’s for the experience and for its lovely Italian charm

• by TheCity

Bellini’s is an Italian restaurant in the Cubao Expo. The Cubao Expo is an artsy place with quaint shops, and being located in the area adds greatly to Bellini’s charm. The restaurant is owned by Robert Bellini, an Italian who used to be a photojournalist in Italy. His works are displayed on the walls of the restaurant, and they looked interesting although I wasn’t able to take a close look. He was in the restaurant

when we went there, but he didn’t talk to us, and just gave us a friendly nod. The servers were pleasant enough, but in my opinion, it would be better if they exuded even more warmth to complement the homey atmosphere of Bellini’s.

The interior of the restaurant was very charmingly Italian. You could almost imagine that you’re in some café in Italy. Added to the novelty of the Cubao Expo, this is a great place for ...

• a romantic date especially when you want to create a different kind of atmosphere.

We ordered three dishes, 2 pizzas and the gnocchi. Our impression of the food was that it looked and tasted home-cooked and authentic, although the cheese in the pizza tasted similar to the quick melt cheese. The pizzas were good though, albeit a bit simple, but they were still good comfort food. The dishes really oozed home-cooked, like something your mother would bake

for special dinners at home. The gnocchi was a bit weird and bland, although I have never tasted gnocchi before so I have no idea how it should taste. The price is not cheap, but is relatively affordable.

As a whole, I would recommend going to Bellini’s for the experience and for its lovely Italian charm. Before dinner, or perhaps afterwards, go explore the nooks and crannies in Cubao Expo and you’re guaranteed a very memorable date/adventure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272091250790530/k2311a092/9.2.10