Afro Samurai: Reurrection Movie (Anime)  » Movies  »
  • The acting for the English dub is good and I like Samuel L
  • One of the things I didn’t really like was that Lucy Liu’s character, Sio, while she is an evil villain, I didn’t find her to be very interesting at all
  • I do recommend it if you liked the original anime series
  • It’s definitely worth your time and money if you like Samuel L
  • I enjoyed the movie, but it’s not one of my personal favorites

• by ReViewMeMedia

Afro Samurai Resurrection is an anime movie based off the anime series Afro Samurai. Afro has turned down challenges for the Number 1 headband but Shinno (voiced by Yuri Lowenthal) and his sister Sio (voiced by Lucy Liu) arrive and take the Number 1 headband from him and he has to set out to find the Number 2 headband to defeat her.

This was a good anime movie. It was very well done and the animation is nice and the fight scenes are very, very

well done. The acting for the English dub is good and I like Samuel L. Jackson and Yuri Lowenthal and Lucy Liu. They all give excellent performances.

I also liked the storyline of Afro Samurai Resurrection, it was clever, had plenty of surprises and was a very well put together story, it’s not deep or anything, just an old fashioned revenge story.

One of the things I didn’t really like was that Lucy Liu’s character, Sio, while she is an evil villain, I ...

• didn’t find her to be very interesting at all. She was decent, but she’s not very memorable to me.

Samuel L. Jackson’s acting is very interesting and I had fun watching him play both Ninja-Ninja and Afro. He made the movie fun to watch and he carried the entire movie. Lucy Liu was also good and she did a good job too. My only disappointment is that Yuri Lowenthal did not have much of a speaking part, but he was great too.

I liked this movie, but not enough to buy it or watch it again. I do recommend it if you liked the original anime series. It’s definitely worth your time and money if you like Samuel L. Jackson. I enjoyed the movie, but it’s not one of my personal favorites. You should definitely rent it though, but see the anime series first.

Afro Samurai: Resurrection is available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Funimation Entertainment. You can buy it online at Amazon.com and RightStuf.com.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111091250541030/k2311a091/9.1.10