Chefmate 51-pc. Kitchen Gadget Set  » Housewares  »
  • I bought this when we moved into our home and I have gotten a lot of use out of it over the years
  • I initially bought it because I thought it was such a good deal
  • What I like about the set is that it has so many pieces to it
  • One thing I don't like about this set is that none of the pieces are dishwasher safe
  • I would recommend purchasing a separate knife set, and be careful when putting the other utensils in the dishwasher

• by mariekay

This set includes just about everything you need for kitchen gadgets and utensils. I bought this when we moved into our home and I have gotten a lot of use out of it over the years. I initially bought it because I thought it was such a good deal. The price was under $30, and the set included a full knife set, plus numerous spatulas, plastic spoons for mixing, a scissors, a strainer, a salt and pepper shaker, a can opener, measuring cups, measuring spoons, an ice cream scooper, a cheese grater, a cutting board, and more. So for all those

utensils, I thought $30 was a great deal as opposed to purchasing them all separately.

Over time, I have found that some of the gadgets have been useful, but others have been low quality. I have gotten a lot of use out of the measuring cups and measuring spoons, as well as the plastic mixing spoons. The knife set isn’t great, however. The knife blades hardly cut through a steak, and I can’t use them for that purpose. They are okay to cut things like bread or other soft items. I have since purchased a separate steak knife set so I have something that will actually cut meat. I can say the same thing for the scissors - they have a dull blade and are not useful.

What I like about the set is that it has so many pieces to it. Aside from the knives and the scissors, the set is full of practical and usefull tools and gadgets for the kitchen. The price of this gift makes it a great idea for someone who is living on their own for the first time.

One thing I don’t like about this set is that none of the pieces are dishwasher safe. I read ...

• Chefmate 51-pc. Kitchen Gadget Set
      this in the fine print after I had purchased the set. Honestly, I have put many of these items in the dishwasher simply because I don’t always remember to separate them out and wash them by hand. So far everything has been okay even after being placed in the dishwasher. One of the plastic spoons got a little warped, but it is still useable. So if the fact that this is not intended for the dishwasher bothers you, this might not be the set for you.

Overall, I like this set, except for the knives and scissors. I don’t think

you can find a better deal than 51 pieces for under $30. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking to stock their kitchen with a lot of tools and gatgets. I would also recommend this to anyone who is looking to buy a practical wedding gift for someone else. Even though the knife set is not great, all the other peices you get with the set are useful and still worth the money. I would recommend purchasing a separate knife set, and be careful when putting the other utensils in the dishwasher. Other than that this is a good buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531091250511030/k2311a091/9.1.10