Sequence Board Game  » Games  »
  • What I love about this game is that it's a board game and a card game in one
  • Something that makes the game interesting is that jacks are special cards
  • We purchased the game for about $15, and I consider that to be a good deal, especially since we have gotten so much use out of the game over the years
  • I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys playing board games or card games that involve strategy

• by mariekay

Our family has owned Sequence for several years, and we still enjoy playing it. What I love about this game is that it’s a board game and a card game in one. The game is played with regular playing cards, which are included. There are two decks of cards in the game,e so 104 cards total. I also like the fact that this game is fun for adults as well as children. My son began playing it with us around the age of 8, and he enjoys it as well. This game involves an element of strategy, so it’s challenging as well as entertaining.

The

game includes three different colors chips, 135 total, and each player chooses what color they want to be before the game starts. Thechoices are red, blue, or green. The object is to get 5 chips in a row on the board twice (two rows of five. On the board the spaces each have a picture of a card. For example, one space would be the king of hearts, the next would be the queen of hearts, and so on. The board has spaces to represent all cards 2 through Ace of each suit (hearts, spade, club, diamond) Every card is represented on the board twice. When a player takes a turn, he draws a card from the pile, and then takes one of his chips and places it on the corresponding space on the board. The player keeps 7 cards in his hands at all times. So, after the player lays a chip, he dicards the card he used and draws another one.

Something that makes the game interesting is that jacks are special cards. One-eyed jacks remove, and two-eyed jacks are wild. So, in other words, if you opponenet was about to make a row of five and had four in a row, you could use a one-eyed jack card ...

• Sequence Board Game
      to remove one of his chips on your turn. A two-eyed jack can be used in place of any other card. If you play a two eyed jack on your turn, you can place a chip anywhere on the board. It’s a good idea to save the wilds until you already have four in a row, then you can use the wild to complete your row.

The game is fun and it also takes a bit of concentration. It can also be played with teams if you have more than three people playing. The game can take quite a while, as it’s not usually too

easy to make a row, let alone two rows. So, if you sit down to play, allow yourself enough time to complete the game.

We purchased the game for about $15, and I consider that to be a good deal, especially since we have gotten so much use out of the game over the years. This game continues to be a family favorite, and we also love to play it when we have guests over. Even though it takes concentration, you can easily carry on a conversation while playing it. I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys playing board games or card games that involve strategy.

Sequence Board Game

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281091250501030/k2311a091/9.1.10