L’oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara– Waterproof  » Cosmetics  »
  • I decided that instead of repurchasing my Covergirl Lashblast mascara, I should try a different mascara to see if I could find one I liked better
  • Though I might not like this L'oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara better than the Covergirl Lashblast, I think they're both on my favorite mascaras list
  • I bought the L'oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara at a local grocery store for $8.29 plus tax
  • You can usually find this at any local grocery store, drugstore, or Ulta, though I would recommend checking out Target or Walmart first since prices there are generally around two dollars cheaper than at a Drugstore like Walgreens or CVS
  • The ball shaped mascara concept is interesting and it seems to work for me

• by kelairyy

I ran out of my Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof mascara the other day which was my main mascara I was using every day for a few months now. I decided that instead of repurchasing my Covergirl Lashblast mascara, I should try a different mascara to see if I could find one I liked better. Of course, my standards were pretty high since Lashblast did wonders for my short eyelashes. Though I might not like this L’oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara better than the Covergirl Lashblast, I think they’re both on my favorite mascaras list.

I bought the L’oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara at a local grocery store for $8.29 plus tax. You can usually find this at any local grocery store, drugstore, or Ulta, though I would recommend checking out Target or Walmart first since prices there are generally around two dollars cheaper than at a Drugstore like Walgreens or CVS. The L’oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara comes

in a telescope-looking tube where the top part is skinnier than the bottom (it’s suppose to resemble a telescope, I guess). The red tubes are normal mascaras and the blue tubes are waterproof, and I have blue because I only purchase waterproof. Since my I am constantly going to bed late and waking up early, I get tired throughout the day very quickly. Whenever I yawn, my eyes tear up and I need to have a mascara that will not smudge on me and give me raccoon eyes in the middle of the day. That’s just embarrassing. I’m glad to say that the L’oreal Telescopic Explosion Waterproof mascara passed the test. It holds up pretty well in the water. It will flake off a bit, but it won’t be a runny, black mess like a normal, non-waterproof mascara would be. It takes a while to take off like most waterproof mascaras do, but I ...

• use my Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover, which makes taking waterproof mascara EFFORTLESS (I would recommend the Clinique makeup remover, while I’m at it). I really like this mascara because though it applies really well and makes my eyelashes long, it doesn’t make my eyelashes as crunchy and hard as some mascaras do.

The brush of the Telescopic Explosion mascara is a little funky. It’s supposed to resemble a mascara from Guerlain I think, but I’m not sure. It basically is like a small ball with little spikes, and that is what you apply your mascara with. A lot of people said they had trouble this way, but I think it is just because they weren’t really used to applying mascara with a ball type wand. I thought it was pretty easy, and I actually like this wand better than the traditional wands. I have trouble applying mascara sometimes because I always

get little bits of mascara on my eyelids. That’s a pain, especially if I already applied eyeshadow. However, this wand is really small, and the ball makes applying mascara effective. I don’t have to worry about getting mascara all over my eyelid because this is really easy! Also, since it’s so small, the wand separates and gets to all the individual lashes, even the ones in the inner corner. It is great to use on the lower lashes as well because it is a smaller wand, so you don’t have to worry about messing up.

I have really short, unnoticeable eyelashes, and this mascara really helps lengthen them a ton. It doesn’t hold my curl (from the eyelash curler) as well as Covergirl Lashblast, but it’s decent. Overall, I think this is a great mascara to try out if you’re looking for a new one. The ball shaped mascara concept is interesting and it seems to work for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311091250471030/k2311a091/9.1.10