Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • Because I have had success with the Revlon ColorStay line in the past, I decided to purchase this product
  • In my opinion, the best thing about the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation is the texture
  • My skin is not perfect and I like to hide some of the imperfections as far as skin tone goes

• by Intensify

Mineral makeup seems to be all the rage these days. People who are looking to use products that are less harsh on the skin and more natural in composition are using mineral makeup. It is so popular now that you can find it everywhere, from the more expensive high end stores all the way to the drugstores. Some brands of mineral makeup are extremely expensive. Thankfully, Revlon makes a mineral makeup that is actually quite affordable. It’s the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Makeup. In the past, I have used many Revlon ColorStay products, including a liquid foundation that I absolutely love. Because I have had success with the Revlon ColorStay line in the past, I decided to purchase this product. After using it for a period of about three weeks, I can honestly say that I am in love with

this product.

In my opinion, the best thing about the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation is the texture. I don’t really know how to describe it. It’s weird to describe it as “light and fluffy”, but that’s exactly the way I feel about it. Unlike other powder foundations, it goes on really smooth. It doesn’t feel grainy or rough and it’s really easy to blend. I often use other products either below or on top of my foundation, products like concealer and blush. All of the other products in my makeup routine work well with the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation so I didn’t have to make any changes to my routine at all.

I guess my second favorite thing about the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation would be the coverage. My skin is not perfect and I like to hide some of the imperfections as far as skin tone goes. This foundation has really good coverage. I was actually surprised that the coverage was so good because typically I find that powder foundations don’t provide the full coverage that liquid foundation does. However, this powder foundation proved me wrong and I am so glad that it did! Something that’s a bit different about this mineral makeup in comparison to some of the others I have in my makeup bag is that it’s a bit more long wearing than some of the others. I don’t have to touch up my makeup throughout the day or worry that the coverage will fade. Even if I don’t set this foundation with a translucent powder or some kind of spray, this foundation lasts me all day long.

Something that I have mixed feelings about is the ...

• Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
      fact that this product is a bit more matte than a lot of my other foundations. I typically try to stay away from foundations with a matte finish because I like that healthy amount of glow (as long as it doesn’t get too shiny). A matte finish is a new thing for me, but I can deal with it just because I really like the coverage and the texture of this product. I have very oily skin so a big worry for me is shine. If there is a good thing about the matte finish that this product gives is that I don’t have to worry about oily patches of skin throughout the day.

As I mentioned before, the texture of the product itself is very light. This means that my skin doesn’t feel weighed down by product. It just

happens to be one of those miracle foundations that makes it look like you are wearing any makeup at all. It feels like my skin can breathe. Another great thing is that my skin doesn’t have any adverse reactions to this product. I don’t break out or get any irritation after using this product. It doesn’t make my skin red or blotchy. Plus, it watches off very easily.

Overall, I give the Revlon ColorStay Mineral Makeup a rating of a 9 out of 10. I am really glad that Revlon has a good quality mineral makeup available in drugstores. So many other mineral makeup brands are way too expensive to ever be reasonably affordable. It makes mineral makeup accessible to people like me who are on tight budgets! This is an affordable, long lasting mineral makeup with great coverage and a wonderful texture.

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311091250351030/k2311a091/9.1.10