Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick  » Cosmetics  »
  • A staple product that every girl should definitely have in her makeup bag is a good red lipstick
  • The word intense is in the name of the lipstick and I guess that is the best word to describe it
  • I love only having to put one coat on my lips to achieve a really classic, vibrant look
  • Because it is so expensive, I would probably wait until there is a sale or some special deal at Sephora to consider purchasing it again

• by Intensify

A staple product that every girl should definitely have in her makeup bag is a good red lipstick. It works with a variety of looks. I have tried various brands over the years and have not really had a clear favorite in the red lipstick category. A lot of the red lipstick products that I have found have been more suitable for lighter skin tones than mine so for awhile, I just gave up looking. It is really hard to find a shade that does not look weird or out of place when paired with a darker complexion. I recently purchased the Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick from Sephora. I purchased the Moulin Rouge shade (number 43). It is definitely not an ultimate favorite as far as lip stick goes, but it ranks pretty high up there in my book.

My favorite thing about this lipstick is that it is very intensely pigmented. It’s actually kind of insane how much the color pops on the lips. The reason why I originally purchased the

Moulin Rouge shade was because to me, it looked like the brightest shade of all the ones being sold. I really wanted to buy something that I could use in a night time look to make a statement. This lip stick definitely helps me to make a statement and stand out (in a good way!). The word “intense” is in the name of the lipstick and I guess that is the best word to describe it. I love only having to put one coat on my lips to achieve a really classic, vibrant look. I am really considering going back to Sephora and purchasing other shades just to try them out. The cool thing about this lip stick is that literally every shade known to man is available. There is even a black shade available (and it is rare to find black lipstick!). I really like the variety of colors that they have available. As a woman of darker complexion, I find it very hard to find a lipstick shade that will compliment my skin.

• Thankfully, due to the variety of shades available at Sephora, there is actually a shade that works for me.

I love the creamy consistency of the Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick. It really softens my lips and I don’t even have to pair it with a lip gloss to ensure that my lips stay moist. It doesn’t dry my lips out and since that is typically my biggest frustration with lipsticks, I am happy with it. It’s perfect for keeping my lips healthy. It feels very light yet it gives absolutely full coverage. Again, I only need one coat in order to give my lips a nice, satin finish. It not only goes on smooth but stays that way. I hate lip sticks that get really sticky after awhile, and thankfully this one doesn’t do that. Whether I wear lip gloss over this lip stick or not, it looks great.

I don’t really find that this product is as long lasting as everyone claims that it is. I honestly don’t think I’m doing

anything wrong but somehow this tends to fade faster than most of my other lipstick brands. There is definitely another drawback to this product. The price is around 20 dollars plus tax, which I find pretty expensive for only one tube of lipstick. I have only been using it for about two weeks so I can’t really say whether or not it will be long lasting. Because it is so expensive, I would probably wait until there is a sale or some special deal at Sephora to consider purchasing it again.

Overall, I have to give the Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick a rating of an 8 out of 10. It is probably the most richly pigmented lip stick that I have ever owned. The colors are all very intense and there is a lot of variety in terms of shades available, but the expense for one tube of lipstick seems a bit hard to justify even though the product is good quality. When I want a really bold look, this is a good lipstick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311091250341030/k2311a091/9.1.10